|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the island in the middle of the artificial lake at Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) A clubhouse.
(b) A skyscraper.
(c) A European cruise ship.
(d) A European pleasure-casino.
2. Oedipa compares the initial contact with _____________ to a performance where the costumes of historical figuration are thickly layered.
(a) The Transmissions.
(b) The Tretero.
(c) The Transmitters.
(d) The Tristero.
3. Where does Metzger come upon the actor who plays him in the TV pilot while exploring Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) He is hiding under a tarp in a skin-diving suit.
(b) He is hiding under a roller coaster in a skin-diving suit.
(c) He is disguised as a woman.
(d) He is disguised as one of the Paranoids
4. Metzger tells Mike Fallopian he is so right-wing that he's left-wing, and possibly a Marxist, since he is invoking the _______theory.
(a) Surplus Value.
(c) Open Markets.
5. Genghis Cohen claims that the stamp, which depicts a Pony Express rider galloping out of a western fort into a black feather, is what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bortz suggests to Oedipa that Tristero might have caused ______ simply in order to issue the Proclamation of the 9th Frimaire, An III, ending the sanctioned postal monopoly.
2. Pierce Inverarity was a _____________?
3. What does Mucho Maas suffer from on a regular basis?
4. Who is Randolph Driblette?
5. The pattern of information Oedipa sees forming in Chapter 4 has to do with what?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)