|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While wandering amongst the tourists in downtown San Francisco, Oedipa sees what on a lapel pin?
(a) Maxwell's demon.
(b) WASTE symbol.
(c) Thurn and Tassis.
(d) KCUF radio symbol.
2. Bortz leads Oedipa into a study to view woodcut illustrations from the pornographic version of the play. What does she see hovering in the background of the obscene images?
(a) WASTE symbol.
3. Oedipa flees Berkley in Chapter 5 and finds herself on a freeway at rush hour, heading for _________.
(a) The Bay Bridge.
(b) Los Angelos.
(c) The wharf.
(d) San Francisco.
4. What is the name of the town where Oedipa and Mucho live?
5. What does Funch, Mucho's boss, tell Mucho he is going to do in the first chapter of the novel?
(a) Cancel Mucho's raise.
(b) Tape all Mucho's phone conversations.
(c) Tape all Mucho's office interactions.
(d) Curb Mucho's use of credit cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Oedipa sits in the apartment in Berkeley concentrating and awaiting the demon's message, what is on the TV?
2. Mr. Thoth pulls a gold signet ring with the ________ symbol out of his knitting bag, which he says his grandfather cut from the finger of an Indian he had killed.
3. As Oedipa parks her car at the Echo Courts, what idea does she remember?
4. What is the reason for Tony Jaguar's lawsuit against Pierce Inverarity?
5. Who is Randolph Driblette?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)