|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oedipa end up at the desk of Stanley Koteks?
(a) She gets lost on a tour of Yoyodyne.
(b) They are former lovers.
(c) She is directed there by voices in her head.
(d) She follows the WASTE symbols.
2. What is Stanley Koteks doodling when Oedipa comes up to his desk?
(a) The sign of the Triads.
(b) The symbol of a cancelled postmark.
(c) The Yoyodyne symbol.
(d) The sign of the muted post horn.
3. Tony Jaguar's lawsuit against Inverarity resembles the plot of a Jacobean revenge play entitled ______________.
(a) The Courier's Tragedy.
(b) The Court's Revenge.
(c) The Courier's Tragic Story.
(d) The Court's Tragedy.
4. In the time period that brought the creation of The Tristero organization, what was the name of the organization that ran the sanctioned mail routes?
(a) Orange Brigade.
(b) Committee of Eighteen.
(d) Thurn and Taxis.
5. What choice does Oedipa make in regard to Dr. Hilarius, even though she recognizes there will never be a way to know if she is cured?
(a) Not to leave her "shrink ."
(b) To go on medication.
(c) To find another "shrink."
(d) To go off the medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of game does Metzger suggest he and Oedipa play in the motel room at Echo Courts?
2. After losing noble patronage, the majority of Tristero members fled to where during 1849-50?
3. Oedipa flees Berkley in Chapter 5 and finds herself on a freeway at rush hour, heading for _________.
4. What happens when a heavy, pale young man carrying a mail sack appears in the doorway of the bar where Oedipa and Metzger are talking to Mike Fallopian?
5. According to Stanley Koteks, who are the only ones who can work the Nefastis Machine?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)