|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter from a legal firm, what does Pierce Inverarity request Oedipa do for him?
(a) Be executor of his estate.
(b) Be godmother to his children.
(c) Inherit his estate.
(d) Be sole proprietor for his business.
2. What type of business is Hogan's Seraglio in downtown San Narciso?
(a) A Turkish bath.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A nightclub.
(d) A resturant.
3. Oedipa goes to Zapf's Used Books to buy a copy of what book?
(a) Jacobean Revenge Plays.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Trystero.
(d) Real Revenge Plays.
4. What is striking to Oedipa about the street plan of San Narciso?
(a) They remind her of home.
(b) They contain a concealed message.
(c) They look confusing to drive.
(d) The street signs spell out a message.
5. What scientific rule does the Nefastis Machine violate?
(a) The Law of Triads.
(b) Second Law of Thermodynamics.
(c) The WASTE Law.
(d) First Law of Thermodynamics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Inverarity tell Metzger about Oedipa?
2. Oedipa protests to Metzger at the end of the play that she's Republican, and she's not motivated by a desire to right wrongs, but simply by ____________.
3. What does Oedipa see on an airmail stamp with a jet flying by the Capital dome that is on the letter the old drunk asks her to mail?
4. Why does Dr. Hilarius call Oedipa at 3 a.m.?
5. How many errors did Genghis Cohen find in the stamp collection Oedipa showed him?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)