|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the pond at the center of Fangoso Lagoons?
(a) Fragments of old Disney Land rides.
(b) Fragments of sunken galleons and Atlantean columns.
(c) Fragments of missiles with the name Yoyodyne, Inc. lettered on each nose cone.
(d) Famous fountains coming out of sunken ships.
2. Oedipa compares Mucho's angst about his work to what?
(a) Mental acuity.
(b) Memories of competition.
(d) Memories of combat.
3. Despite a lack of specific facts, what does Mike Fallopian say took place in 1864?
(a) The first military confrontation between Russia and America.
(b) The first secret postal service.
(c) The first military confrontation between Iran and America.
(d) The first anti-communist rally in America.
4. What is unusual about Beaconsfield Cigarettes?
(a) They won't cause cancer.
(b) They have no filters.
(c) They are made with bone instead of tobacco.
(d) They use bone charcoal filters.
5. Who does Oedipa find in a pseudo-Mexican apartment building in Berkeley?
(a) Emory Bortz.
(b) John Nefastis.
(c) Randolph Driblette.
(d) Clerk Maxwell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for Tony Jaguar's lawsuit against Pierce Inverarity?
2. In Chapter 5, it is explained that the equations for the entropy of heat-engines coincidentally resemble the equations for what?
3. Oedipa protests to Metzger at the end of the play that she's Republican, and she's not motivated by a desire to right wrongs, but simply by ____________.
4. What is Fangoso Lagoons?
5. Where does Metzger come upon the actor who plays him in the TV pilot while exploring Fangoso Lagoons?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)