|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oedipa's hotel room in the Berkeley hills contains a reproduction of whose painting?
(a) Reynoldo Vanos.
(b) Vincent Van Gogh.
(d) Remedios Varo.
2. Despite a lack of specific facts, what does Mike Fallopian say took place in 1864?
(a) The first secret postal service.
(b) The first anti-communist rally in America.
(c) The first military confrontation between Russia and America.
(d) The first military confrontation between Iran and America.
3. What is the occupation of Mucho Maas?
(a) Radio station disc jockey.
(b) Real estate mogul.
(d) Used car salesman.
4. Metzger tells Mike Fallopian he is so right-wing that he's left-wing, and possibly a Marxist, since he is invoking the _______theory.
(c) Surplus Value.
(d) Open Markets.
5. What does Oedipa tell Dr. Hilarius that she doesn't trust?
(a) Pills nor psycho babble.
(d) Pills nor the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mucho's boss, Funch, says Mucho is losing his identity and becoming more ________.
2. After finding a copy of Plays of Ford, Webster, Tourneur and Wharfinger, Oedipa discovers a note that says "trystero" may be derived from the Italian word "triste." What does this word mean?
3. What does Oedipa see scribbled on the wall of the ladies' room at the bar she is in with Metzger and Mike Fallopian?
4. Fallopian tells Metzger that what two ideas are part of the same creeping horror?
5. What kind of music is played at the bar near the Yoyodyne plant?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)