|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of experiment does Dr. Hilarius want Oedipa to take part in?
(a) An experiment in which hallucinogenic drugs are given to monkeys.
(b) An experiment in which birth control drugs are given to housewives.
(c) An experiment in which hallucinogenic drugs are given to housewives.
(d) An experiment in which vitamins are given to housewives.
2. What does Metzger theorize that the members of Mike Fallopian's group would be opposed to?
(a) Any government monopoly such as the drug adminstration.
(b) Higher taxes.
(c) The electoral system.
(d) Any government monopoly such as the postal system.
3. What happens when a heavy, pale young man carrying a mail sack appears in the doorway of the bar where Oedipa and Metzger are talking to Mike Fallopian?
(a) He climbs up on the bar, and starts shooting into the crowd.
(b) He starts an argument with Mike Fallopian.
(c) He climbs up on the bar and starts throwing envelopes into the crowd.
(d) He yells "Fire!" and everyone runs.
4. As Oedipa parks her car at the Echo Courts, what idea does she remember?
(a) Words to a song she can't remember.
(b) Her last words to Inverarity whirling around her.
(c) A slow whirlwind and words she couldn't hear.
(d) Her last words to Mucho before she left.
5. What is striking to Oedipa about the street plan of San Narciso?
(a) They remind her of home.
(b) They contain a concealed message.
(c) They look confusing to drive.
(d) The street signs spell out a message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual first name of Oedipa's husband, Mucho Maas?
2. What does Oedipa see scribbled on the wall of the ladies' room at the bar she is in with Metzger and Mike Fallopian?
3. As she prepares to play a game with Metzger, what begins careening around the bathroom of Oedipa's motel room at Echo Courts?
4. What does Metzger tell Oedipa about Beaconsfield Cigarettes?
5. What is at the center of the intricate plot of the play Oedipa and Metzger go to see?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)