|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metzger tell Oedipa about Beaconsfield Cigarettes?
(a) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the filter-free process.
(b) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the filter process.
(c) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the tabacco process.
(d) Inverarity owned a 51% interest in the cancer research.
2. What does Mucho Maas suffer from on a regular basis?
(a) A crisis of sadness.
(b) Acute consciousness.
(c) A crisis of conscience.
3. Who or what in particular does Oedipa compare herself to?
(a) A Monet painting.
(b) A modern Rapunzel.
(c) A modern fairytale.
(d) A modern Cinderella.
4. What will Oedipa have revelations about as she completes her task for Pierce Inverarity?
(a) Her marriage.
(b) A magical presence.
(c) Life after death.
(d) The meaning of life.
5. What does San Narciso remind Oedipa of as she views it from a hilltop?
(a) The song "I Want to Kiss Your Feet."
(b) A circuit card she once saw in a transistor radio.
(c) Her hometown of Kinneret.
(d) A postcard of San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the movie Metzger starred in as a child?
2. Oedipa compares Mucho's angst about his work to what?
3. What has Oedipa noticed about her life before she embarks on her journey?
4. How did Oedipa know Pierce Inverarity?
5. After thinking about Inverarity for the afternoon in Chapter 1, what does Oedipa suddenly remember?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)