|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Hilarius call Oedipa at 3 a.m.?
(a) To ask why she isn't taking her vitamins.
(b) To return her phone call.
(c) To counsel her about Mucho.
(d) To ask why she isn't taking her tranqulizers.
2. Dr. Hilarius has a theory that faces are like what?
(a) A psychological reaction.
(b) A Rorschach blot.
(c) A hallucinogenic drug.
(d) A Freudian slip.
3. How did Oedipa know Pierce Inverarity?
(a) He was her lawyer.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) He was her ex-husband.
(d) He was a former lover.
4. What is the occupation of Mucho Maas?
(b) Radio station disc jockey.
(c) Real estate mogul.
(d) Used car salesman.
5. After thinking about Inverarity for the afternoon in Chapter 1, what does Oedipa suddenly remember?
(a) An urgent phone call from Inverarity asking her for help.
(b) A letter last year from Inverarity.
(c) A three a.m. phone call last year from Inverarity.
(d) A marriage proposal from Inverarity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oedipa compares Mucho's angst about his work to what?
2. What is the actual first name of Oedipa's husband, Mucho Maas?
3. What does Funch, Mucho's boss, tell Mucho he is going to do in the first chapter of the novel?
4. What kind of experiment does Dr. Hilarius want Oedipa to take part in?
5. After receiving Inverarity's letter, which of the following does Oedipa NOT do for the afternoon?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)