|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter from a legal firm, what does Pierce Inverarity request Oedipa do for him?
(a) Be godmother to his children.
(b) Be executor of his estate.
(c) Be sole proprietor for his business.
(d) Inherit his estate.
2. What has Oedipa noticed about her life before she embarks on her journey?
(a) A lack of intensity.
(b) A lot of stress.
(c) A lack of romance.
(d) A lack of adventure.
3. Who is Genghis Cohen?
(a) A philanthropist.
(b) A philosopher.
(c) A philatelist.
(d) A psychiatrist.
4. When Oedipa questions him about the play, Driblette launches into a diatribe against the obsession with texts, saying people are like __________ making a literal interpretation of the Bible.
5. Why does Dr. Hilarius call Oedipa at 3 a.m.?
(a) To ask why she isn't taking her vitamins.
(b) To counsel her about Mucho.
(c) To return her phone call.
(d) To ask why she isn't taking her tranqulizers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the actual first name of Oedipa's husband, Mucho Maas?
2. What is Metzger's current occupation?
3. Mr. Thoth, a resident of the home for senior citizens, wakes from a doze and mentions to Oedipa that his grandfather rode for the ______________.
4. What is Oedipa worried about as she receives a letter from Mucho in Chapter 3?
5. Oedipa compares Mucho's angst about his work to what?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)