1. As the novel begins, Mrs. Oedipa Maas arrives home from where?
(a) A psychiatrist appointment.
(b) A Tupperware party.
(c) A bar.
(d) A funeral.
2. How did Oedipa know Pierce Inverarity?
(a) He was her ex-husband.
(b) He was a former lover.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her lawyer.
3. In a letter from a legal firm, what does Pierce Inverarity request Oedipa do for him?
(a) Be godmother to his children.
(b) Be executor of his estate.
(c) Be sole proprietor for his business.
(d) Inherit his estate.
4. Pierce Inverarity was a _____________?
(a) Radio station disc jockey.
(b) Used car salesman.
(c) Cattle rancher.
(d) Real estate mogul.
5. After receiving Inverarity's letter, which of the following does Oedipa NOT do for the afternoon?
(a) Mix cocktails.
(b) Read book reviews.
(c) Work in her garden.
(d) Call friends.
6. After thinking about Inverarity for the afternoon in Chapter 1, what does Oedipa suddenly remember?
(a) A three a.m. phone call last year from Inverarity.
(b) A marriage proposal from Inverarity.
(c) A letter last year from Inverarity.
(d) An urgent phone call from Inverarity asking her for help.
This section contains 5,231 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)