1. What year does the novel take place?
2. Who does Stephen Kumalo receive a letter from in the opening pages of the novel?
3. What is the name of the village where Kumalo lives?
4. What is Stephen Kumalo’s profession?
5. What title of respect do most people address Kumalo with?
6. What is the main industry that drives Kumalo’s village?
7. What city does the writer of the letter live in?
8. Who does the letter at the beginning of the novel claim is sick?
9. Which of the following is NOT something Kumalo and his wife were saving money for?
This section contains 6,191 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)