|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the murdered man most well-known for?
(a) He spoke and wrote publicly for equal rights for blacks.
(b) He had married a black woman.
(c) He advocated for a separate nation for blacks.
(d) He was a rising local politician.
2. Msimangu ministers to a community of people who suffer from which of the following?
(a) They have leprosy.
(b) They cannot walk.
(c) They are blind.
(d) They are mentally handicapped.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the places the police seeks Absalom?
(a) Mrs. Hlayshwayo’s house.
(b) Mrs. Ndlela’s house.
(c) Mrs. Mkize’s house.
(d) Mrs. Lithebe’s house.
4. How does Kumalo torture Absalom’s girl at first out of his disgust for her previous lifestyle?
(a) He tells her Absalom has refused to marry her.
(b) He tells her she must give the baby to him to raise with his wife while she remains in Johannesburg.
(c) He tells her he knows Absalom is not the baby’s father and they bear no responsibility for it.
(d) He tells her she must sleep with him if she wants to be looked after.
5. Which character encourages Kumalo to pray and look for things to be grateful for rather than to wallow in self-pity?
(b) Father Vincent.
(c) Mr. Carmichael.
(d) Mrs. Lithebe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the family Absalom was living with in Orlando?
2. Who does the letter at the beginning of the novel claim is sick?
3. What other action does Absalom claim he took after ridding himself of the weapon?
4. How do Kumalo and Msimangu travel to Alexandra?
5. Where does the white reformatory worker say Absalom currently lives?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)