|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Arthur Jarvis have?
2. What is the name of the lawyer who agrees to represent Absalom?
(a) Mr. Smith.
(b) Mr. Christie.
(c) Mr. Johannes.
(d) Mr. Carmichael.
3. Which of the following does the black woman NOT lament?
(a) That she cannot send her children to better schools.
(b) That she does not have enough money to buy her way higher on the housing waiting list.
(c) That she has to take in boarders to feed her family.
(d) That she and her husband ever left their small village.
4. How long has it been since the Kumalos heard from their son?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
5. Which of the following reactions are black leaders NOT hoping to elicit from whites with the decrepit conditions of Shanty Town?
(d) A need for immediate action.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something the white reformatory worker tells Kumalo about Absalom’s recent experiences?
2. What does James have a hard time looking at each day upon entering Arthur’s house?
3. Which character shows the most disgust toward the Absalom’s girl’s behavior?
4. What word does Kumalo use to describe a quality about Arthur to James?
5. What is the name of the murdered white man that Kumalo and Msimangu hear about upon returning to the mission?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)