|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which statement best describes John Harrison Sr. and Jr.’s relationship with blacks’ rights?
(a) John Sr. was against equality for blacks while John Jr. supported it.
(b) Both John Sr. and Jr. were against equality for blacks.
(c) John Jr. was against equality for blacks while John Sr. supported it.
(d) Both John Sr. and Jr. were supported of equality for blacks.
2. Which of the following is NOT something the white reformatory worker tells Kumalo about Absalom’s recent experiences?
(a) Absalom had decided to become a reverend like his father.
(b) Absalom was holding a steady job at a factory.
(c) Absalom rose to head boy at the reformatory.
(d) Absalom got a girl pregnant.
3. What is the name of the village where Kumalo lives?
4. James has a fleeting memory of the Ndotsheni church and Kumalo as priest. Which of the following best describes his impression of them?
(a) James remembers the church and Kumalo as dirty and forlorn.
(b) James remembers the church and Kumalo as dignified and sacred.
(c) James remembers the church and Kumalo as cheap and shifty.
(d) James remembers the church and Kumalo as vibrant and passionate.
5. What word does Kumalo use to describe a quality about Arthur to James?
(a) A “sunniness.”
(b) A “lightness.”
(c) A “brightness.”
(d) A “shine.”
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Lithebe is afraid which character will be a bad influence on Absalom’s girl?
2. Where is Msimangu’s ministry for the disabled?
3. Kumalo is described as moving _______, in the same rhythm as the tribal life. What is the adjective that best describes both tribal life and Kumalo’s movements?
4. How did the three accomplices disguise themselves during the housebreak?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the places the police seeks Absalom?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)