|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kumalo humbly accept this apology rather than expressing his true feelings about the unnecessary anger directed at him?
(a) Because as a priest, he feels it is his duty to turn the other cheek.
(b) Because he is so preoccupied with worry he did not even register he was being mistreated.
(c) Because as a black man he has no place to criticize a white man’s behavior.
(d) Because he feels so much responsibility for his son’s sins he thinks he deserves to be treated harshly.
2. How many accomplices did Absalom have in the murder?
3. Mrs. Lithebe is afraid which character will be a bad influence on Absalom’s girl?
(b) Mr. Carmichael.
(c) Mrs. Mkize.
4. How many children did Arthur Jarvis have?
5. What is the name of the family Absalom was living with in Orlando?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Arthur and Margaret visit as a brief respite from the trial?
2. Which of the following does John Harrison, Sr. hope will happen when the murderer is caught?
3. Why is there little public interest in Absalom’s murder trial?
4. What American president did Arthur Jarvis greatly admire?
5. What is the reformatory worker’s main concern about Absalom’s involvement in the murder?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)