|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kumalo go to see his brother before visiting Absalom in jail?
(a) Because John is Absalom’s godfather and will want to visit Absalom as well.
(b) Because John is a powerful man and might be able to help Absalom get bail.
(c) Because John’s rousing oratory has been implicated in the justification for murder.
(d) Because John’s own son was an accomplice in the murder.
2. Which character shows the most disgust toward the Absalom’s girl’s behavior?
(d) The reformatory worker.
3. What is the name of the village where Kumalo lives?
4. How long is the waiting list for a new house in Orlando?
(a) Five years.
(b) One year.
(c) Eight years.
(d) Three years.
5. How does Kumalo travel to the city?
(a) He travels by train.
(b) He travels by ferry.
(c) He travels by bus.
(d) He travels by plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following reactions are black leaders NOT hoping to elicit from whites with the decrepit conditions of Shanty Town?
2. What wealth-making industry has drawn so many young men to the city?
3. After a visit from Mrs. Ndlela, what does Msimangu decide to do?
4. What title of respect do most people address Kumalo with?
5. Which powerful black leader does the anonymous black woman seek for housing help in Chapter 9?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)