|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major family news did John fail to reveal to his family back in Ndotsheni?
(a) He never told them he was terminally ill.
(b) He never told them he divorced his wife.
(c) He never told them he had given his daughter up for adoption.
(d) He never told them his son was in jail.
2. What was the murdered man most well-known for?
(a) He advocated for a separate nation for blacks.
(b) He had married a black woman.
(c) He was a rising local politician.
(d) He spoke and wrote publicly for equal rights for blacks.
3. Which word(s) best describes John’s feelings toward tribal chiefs and the Church?
(a) Absolute reverence.
(c) A philosophical respect.
4. What is the name of the village where Kumalo lives?
5. When Kumalo et al. visit Absalom’s girl, how long has it been since she last saw Absalom?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 4 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What neighborhood is Gertrude living in?
2. What is the profession of the murdered white man?
3. After a visit from Mrs. Ndlela, what does Msimangu decide to do?
4. What tribe does Kumalo belong to?
5. What neighborhood did the murdered white man live in?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)