|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 12-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kumalo do with Gertrude and her son after she has apologized for her sinful ways?
(a) He moves them into the boarding house where he is staying.
(b) He immediately sends them back to Ndotsheni.
(c) He uses his resources with Msimangu to get Gertrude a legitimate job.
(d) He gives Gertrude money to sustain her until they can return to the village.
2. What language does John prefer to speak?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Kumalo and his wife were saving money for?
(a) New clothes.
(b) A stove.
(c) A vacation.
(d) To send their son to school.
4. Which of the following reactions are black leaders NOT hoping to elicit from whites with the decrepit conditions of Shanty Town?
(a) A need for immediate action.
5. What is the name of the village where Kumalo lives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Absalom’s former landlady in Alexandra reveal about Absalom’s behavior?
2. What is the reformatory worker’s main concern about Absalom’s involvement in the murder?
3. What is the name of the family Absalom was living with in Orlando?
4. What kind of protest affects Kumalo and Msimangu’s attempts to locate Absalom?
5. Which of the following does the black woman NOT lament?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)