|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What major family news did John fail to reveal to his family back in Ndotsheni?
(a) He never told them his son was in jail.
(b) He never told them he had given his daughter up for adoption.
(c) He never told them he divorced his wife.
(d) He never told them he was terminally ill.
2. Which powerful black leader does the anonymous black woman seek for housing help in Chapter 9?
(d) John Kumalo.
3. How long is the waiting list for a new house in Orlando?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
4. What is the main industry that drives Kumalo’s village?
(c) Industrial factories.
5. What is the name of the taxi driver who is friends with Absalom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following reactions are black leaders NOT hoping to elicit from whites with the decrepit conditions of Shanty Town?
2. What is the name of the family Absalom was living with in Orlando?
3. Which word(s) best describes John’s feelings toward tribal chiefs and the Church?
4. Msimangu ministers to a community of people who suffer from which of the following?
5. How long does it take to erect Shanty Town?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)