|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title of respect do most people address Kumalo with?
(b) Sawubona baba.
2. How long has it been since the Kumalos heard from their son?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
3. What does Kumalo do with Gertrude and her son after she has apologized for her sinful ways?
(a) He uses his resources with Msimangu to get Gertrude a legitimate job.
(b) He gives Gertrude money to sustain her until they can return to the village.
(c) He immediately sends them back to Ndotsheni.
(d) He moves them into the boarding house where he is staying.
4. What is John Kumalo’s profession?
(a) He is a mine worker.
(b) He is a carpenter.
(c) He is a liquor bootlegger.
(d) He is a preacher.
5. How long is the waiting list for a new house in Orlando?
(a) Three years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Five years.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the murdered white man that Kumalo and Msimangu hear about upon returning to the mission?
2. What tragedy does the black woman suffer?
3. Where does the taxi driver tell Kumalo and Msimangu that Absalom might be living?
4. What is Gertrude’s main emotion when Kumalo discovers how she is living?
5. What is Stephen Kumalo’s profession?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)