|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gertrude’s main emotion when Kumalo discovers how she is living?
2. What has become of Kumalo’s sister since she arrived in the city?
(a) She has divorced her husband.
(b) She has turned to liquor and prostitution.
(c) She has become a nun.
(d) She has been jailed without cause.
3. Where does the taxi driver tell Kumalo and Msimangu that Absalom might be living?
(d) Shanty Town.
4. What language does John prefer to speak?
5. What is the name of the murdered white man that Kumalo and Msimangu hear about upon returning to the mission?
(a) Father Vincent.
(b) Johannes Pafuri.
(c) Michael Seme.
(d) Arthur Jarvis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragedy does the black woman suffer?
2. What is the name of the village where Kumalo lives?
3. What is Kumalo’s connection to the murdered man?
4. What neighborhood is Gertrude living in?
5. What city does the writer of the letter live in?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)