|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the FIRST place Kumalo and Msimangu visit to track down Absalom?
(a) They visit Mrs. Ndlela’s house.
(b) They visit the Shanty Town in Orlando.
(c) They visit a reformatory.
(d) They visit a factory where Absalom worked.
2. What neighborhood of the city does Msimangu live in?
3. Msimangu ministers to a community of people who suffer from which of the following?
(a) They cannot walk.
(b) They are mentally handicapped.
(c) They have leprosy.
(d) They are blind.
4. Which of the following is NOT something the white reformatory worker tells Kumalo about Absalom’s recent experiences?
(a) Absalom rose to head boy at the reformatory.
(b) Absalom had decided to become a reverend like his father.
(c) Absalom was holding a steady job at a factory.
(d) Absalom got a girl pregnant.
5. Where was the white man murdered?
(a) He was murdered in his own home.
(b) He was murdered while working with poor blacks.
(c) He was murdered at the gold mines.
(d) He was murdered on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the letter at the beginning of the novel claim is sick?
2. Who promises to help Kumalo find his sister and his son?
3. How long is the waiting list for a new house in Orlando?
4. How do Kumalo and Msimangu travel to Alexandra?
5. Which powerful black leader does the anonymous black woman seek for housing help in Chapter 9?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)