|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 6-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the taxi driver who is friends with Absalom?
2. What is John Kumalo’s profession?
(a) He is a preacher.
(b) He is a liquor bootlegger.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a mine worker.
3. What major family news did John fail to reveal to his family back in Ndotsheni?
(a) He never told them his son was in jail.
(b) He never told them he divorced his wife.
(c) He never told them he was terminally ill.
(d) He never told them he had given his daughter up for adoption.
4. What does Mrs. Ndlela tell Kumalo and Msimangu about Absalom that concerns them?
(a) She tells them Absalom had been in jail.
(b) She tells them Absalom had a child out of wedlock.
(c) She tells them Absalom stole from her.
(d) She tells them Absalom was spending time with a bad crowd.
5. What is Gertrude’s main emotion when Kumalo discovers how she is living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the writer of the letter live in?
2. Which of the following is John’s main political agenda?
3. How do Kumalo and Msimangu travel to Alexandra?
4. What tribe does Kumalo belong to?
5. What neighborhood is Gertrude living in?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)