|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kumalo et al. visit Absalom’s girl, how long has it been since she last saw Absalom?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 4 days.
2. What is Stephen Kumalo’s profession?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a tribal chief.
(d) He is a reverend.
3. What is the primary emotional reaction of everyone Kumalo asks about Absalom?
(a) They all seem afraid of Absalom.
(b) They all seem proud of Absalom.
(c) They all seem fond of Absalom.
(d) They all seem disgusted with Absalom.
4. What year does the novel take place?
5. Where was the white man murdered?
(a) He was murdered on the street.
(b) He was murdered while working with poor blacks.
(c) He was murdered at the gold mines.
(d) He was murdered in his own home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the waiting list for a new house in Orlando?
2. What tribe does Kumalo belong to?
3. Why did Kumalo’s sister originally go to the city?
4. Where does the white reformatory worker say Absalom currently lives?
5. What is the name of the woman who rents a room to Kumalo?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)