|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What neighborhood of the city does Msimangu live in?
2. Which of the following is John’s main political agenda?
(a) He wants blacks to separate and form their own country.
(b) He wants better wages for blacks working in the gold mines.
(c) He wants blacks to have the right to vote.
(d) He wants complete equal rights for blacks.
3. What is the name of the taxi driver who is friends with Absalom?
4. Who promises to help Kumalo find his sister and his son?
(b) His brother John.
(c) Mrs. Lithebe.
5. What does Kumalo do with Gertrude and her son after she has apologized for her sinful ways?
(a) He immediately sends them back to Ndotsheni.
(b) He gives Gertrude money to sustain her until they can return to the village.
(c) He uses his resources with Msimangu to get Gertrude a legitimate job.
(d) He moves them into the boarding house where he is staying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Kumalo’s profession?
2. Which of the following does the black woman NOT lament?
3. What is Stephen Kumalo’s profession?
4. Which word(s) best describes John’s feelings toward tribal chiefs and the Church?
5. How long is the waiting list for a new house in Orlando?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)