|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which of the following animals were Wes and Anne, the hunters, most interested?
2. How did the Owens know that the corpse in the shed belonged to Bones?
(a) His collar.
(b) His tag.
(c) His scars.
(d) His skin color.
3. During the dry season of 1977, how far did Chary and Sassy have to travel each day for food?
(a) Thirty miles.
(b) Forty miles.
(c) Twenty miles.
(d) Ten miles.
4. Which of the following people accidentally shot Bones to death?
5. What other injury did Bones have at the time when the Owens found him?
(a) He was covered in porcupine quills.
(b) He had scratches across his belly from a fight.
(c) He had mange and poison ivy.
(d) He was missing five teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Owens hope to learn about the brown hyenas when they tagged them?
2. What animal were the Blue Pride Lions feasting on at the time when Mark immobilized and tagged them?
3. What did Mark rub on Blue's skin to try to treat her illness?
4. Why did Pepper frequent the Owens' camp?
5. To which of the following stones did Mark compare the tens of thousands of wildebeest making their migration in 1979?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Owens find it necessary to tag the gang of brown hyenas that lived near their camp?
2. Who eats first in a pride of lions?
3. Who were Wes and Anne?
4. How did Bones' death affect the way of life for the subjects of the Owens' study?
5. What was Mark's first reaction to the wildebeest migration when he saw it?
6. How did the Owens find out that Mox had quit his position as their assistant?
7. What was Satan, and how did he die?
8. How did feeding life for the lions change in the dry season of 1977?
9. How did the wildebeest react to the fence that had been constructed by the local farmers to protect their livestock?
10. How did Delia interact with Star's pups during her research period for her PhD?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)