|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a way that lions communicate with each other?
(a) Through high pitched squealing.
(b) Through facial expressions.
(c) Through scent marking.
(d) Through roaring.
2. Which of the following statements best describes the lioness Muffin and Moffet tried to court?
(a) She was a nomadic female.
(b) She was a weak female.
(c) She was a dominant female.
(d) She was a barren female.
3. In the hierarchy of strength, which animal was at the bottom in the Kalahari?
(a) The jackals.
(b) The lions.
(c) The leopards.
(d) The hyenas.
4. How many hours did Mark put in for his pilots license before he received it?
5. In which of the following animals were Wes and Anne, the hunters, most interested?
Short Answer Questions
1. What other injury did Bones have at the time when the Owens found him?
2. To which of the following stones did Mark compare the tens of thousands of wildebeest making their migration in 1979?
3. During the dry season of 1977, how far did Chary and Sassy have to travel each day for food?
4. How did the Owens react when Mr. Van der Westhuizen offered them this amount of money for their research?
5. How did the Owens know that Mox quit his position as assistant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interesting information did the Owens learn about scavenging by watching the feeding relationship between Star and the Pink Panther?
2. Who were Wes and Anne?
3. How did the wildebeest react to the fence that had been constructed by the local farmers to protect their livestock?
4. Why did the Owens find it necessary to tag the gang of brown hyenas that lived near their camp?
5. Who was Mox?
6. How do lions communicate?
7. Who eats first in a pride of lions?
8. Why did the Owens particularly enjoy their stay at the Buffalo Cottage?
9. How did Mark manage to purchase an airplane for his research?
10. How did Muffin die?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)