|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles was Mark supposed to put in before earning the license that would allow him to fly solo over the Kalahari?
(a) Three hundred.
(b) Five hundred.
(c) Four hundred.
(d) Two hundred.
2. How many wildebeest died in the migration toward water?
(b) A hundred thousand.
3. While Delia was in the hospital, which relative did she hear about dying?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
4. Which of the following lionesses proved to be the best mother to her cubs?
5. In the hierarchy of strength, which animal was at the bottom in the Kalahari?
(a) The leopards.
(b) The lions.
(c) The hyenas.
(d) The jackals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes the lioness Muffin and Moffet tried to court?
2. What direction do wildebeest instinctively head toward for water?
3. How did Muffin die?
4. How many years did the National Geographic Society fund the Owens and the work in the Kalahari?
5. Which of the following chores is NOT one the Owens expected their assistant to be in charge of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Muffin die?
2. How do lions communicate?
3. Who was Mr. Van der Westhuizen?
4. What was Satan, and how did he die?
5. What condition was Blue in at the time when the Owens first found her?
6. How had the political landscape in Botswana changed during the four weeks the Owens spent visiting family in the States?
7. How did Delia interact with Star's pups during her research period for her PhD?
8. How many wildebeest died during their migration, and how?
9. How did Mark manage to purchase an airplane for his research?
10. Who eats first in a pride of lions?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)