|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following lionesses became nomadic during the dry season of 1979?
2. How many miles did the wildebeest migration have to walk out of their way to maneuver around the fence?
(a) One hundred miles.
(b) Fifty miles.
(c) Seventy-five miles.
(d) Twenty-five miles.
3. How old was Mox at the time when he was hired by the Owens?
4. How did Muffin die?
(a) He starved to death.
(b) He was caught in a trap.
(c) He was poisoned.
(d) He was shot in the chest.
5. What state was the Owens' campsite in when they returned to it?
(a) It was exactly as they left it.
(b) It was looted.
(c) It was gone completely.
(d) It was in complete disarray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mox's primary language at the time when he was hired?
2. What was the name of the other pride of lions living the Kalahari at the same time as the Blue Pride?
3. On which of the following animals did Delia decide to focus her PhD?
4. To which of the following stones did Mark compare the tens of thousands of wildebeest making their migration in 1979?
5. How long were the Union Carbide reps in the Owens' camp before they returned to their headquarters?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Owens find out that Mox had quit his position as their assistant?
2. Why were the Owens surprised when the Blue Pride accepted Happy as one of their own?
3. How did Delia interact with Star's pups during her research period for her PhD?
4. How did the wildebeest react to the fence that had been constructed by the local farmers to protect their livestock?
5. How did feeding life for the lions change in the dry season of 1977?
6. What state was Bones in when the Owens first found him?
7. How do lions communicate?
8. Why did the Owens find it necessary to tag the gang of brown hyenas that lived near their camp?
9. What condition was Blue in at the time when the Owens first found her?
10. Who was Mr. Van der Westhuizen?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)