|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Owens used their trailer _____________.
(a) To sleep in.
(b) To store food supplies.
(c) To fetch water.
(d) To house injured animals.
2. Which part of the Owens' bodies was blistered after battling the fire near their tent?
(a) Their hands.
(b) Their feet.
(c) Their backs.
(d) Their faces.
3. On the day she was surrounded by lions, where was Delia going to hide before Mark came to her rescue and scared the lions away?
(a) In her sleeping bag.
(b) In a trunk.
(c) In her car.
(d) In a tree.
4. Before falling asleep on the first night in the prologue, what direction did Mark and Delia drive to get closer to the lions through the valley?
5. How did the Owens celebrate their first Christmas in the Kalahari?
(a) By having a roast chicken dinner.
(b) By exchanging gifts.
(c) All of the above.
(d) By decorating a Christmas Tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Bergie Berghoffer die?
2. In what year did Mark and Delia decide to hire an assistant?
3. What type of animal was Captain?
4. How are Mark and Delia related?
5. At what time of night did the landscape go quiet, and Mark knew the lions had made a kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was weather like for the Owens during their first summer in the Kalahari?
2. How was the wildfire quenched?
3. What was the Valley of Deception?
4. Who was Bergie Berghoffer?
5. How did Star typically feed?
6. What news did Norbert Drager bring to the Owens when he visited them for the first time?
7. How did the Owens discover that Star was the dominant hyena in her pack?
8. What supplies did the Owens purchase immediately after landing in Maun?
9. What did the sound "Aaoouu" signal to Mark Owens as he slept?
10. How did the Owens react the first time they saw the brown hyenas playing together?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)