|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the lions' eyes at night when the Owens spotted them with their flashlights?
2. How did the Owens react the first time they saw hyenas playing together?
(a) They were apathetic.
(b) They were amused.
(c) They were terrified.
(d) They were confused.
3. Which of the following items did Bergie Berghoffer bring to the Owens, convincing them to stay in the Kalahari?
(a) A truck.
(b) A tent.
(c) A mosquito net.
(d) A canteen.
4. In Mark's dream. what caused the cheetah to split in half?
(a) A fence.
(b) A rope trap.
(c) A bullet wound.
(d) A sword.
5. Where was Mark when he had his dream about the graceful cheetah?
(a) In an airplace.
(b) In his swimming pool.
(c) In his car.
(d) In his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of lions did Mark and Delia study?
2. What color was Bergie Berghoffer's truck?
3. What did Lionel Palmer do for a living at the time when he met the Owens?
4. How close did Star get to Delia's face when she sniffed her for the first time?
5. How are Mark and Delia related?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was weather like for the Owens during their first summer in the Kalahari?
2. How did the Owens lose their first water supply after moving to their camp?
3. Where did Mark and Delia Owens first meet?
4. How did the Owens celebrate their first Christmas in the Kalahari?
5. What did the sound "Aaoouu" signal to Mark Owens as he slept?
6. What type of weather seasons occur in a typical year in the Kalahari?
7. How did the Owens react the first time they saw the brown hyenas playing together?
8. How did life in the Owens' camp improve after Lionel Palmer came to visit?
9. How did the Owens discover that Star was the dominant hyena in her pack?
10. How do hyenas communicate with one another?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)