|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade did Mark and Delia first move to the Kalahari?
2. Which of the following was NOT a name of one of the lions in the pride the Owens studied?
3. Which of the following food supplies was NOT purchased by the Owens when they first arrived in Maun?
4. In camp, how close was the nearest river to fetch water from?
(a) 360 miles.
(b) 80 miles.
(c) 140 miles.
(d) 220 miles.
5. How are Mark and Delia related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) They are married.
(c) They are brother and sister.
(d) They are father and daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fire, which of the following adjectives best described Mark and Delia?
2. How often did Bergie Berghoffer visit with the Owens in their camp?
3. Which of the following methods of escape was NOT one used by the animals of the Kalahari to escape the fire?
4. Which of the following landmarks is NOT one the Owens name during their first days in the Kalahari?
5. At what time of night did the landscape go quiet, and Mark knew the lions had made a kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the wildfire quenched?
2. What was the Owens' reaction to the news that Bergie Berghoffer had died?
3. Who was Moose, and what type of relationship did he have with Delia?
4. What was the Owens' initial reaction to their first wildfire in the Kalahari?
5. What did the sound "Aaoouu" signal to Mark Owens as he slept?
6. How did Delia spend her days during the time that Mark left her alone in camp while he traveled to Maun?
7. How did Lionel Palmer help the Owens settle in Botswana upon their arrival?
8. What type of weather seasons occur in a typical year in the Kalahari?
9. How did the Owens first learn to identify animals in the night?
10. Where did Mark and Delia Owens first meet?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)