|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items did Bergie Berghoffer bring to the Owens, convincing them to stay in the Kalahari?
(a) A canteen.
(b) A truck.
(c) A tent.
(d) A mosquito net.
2. The favorite food of Laramie, the lizard, was _________.
(d) Bread crumbs.
3. On the day Mark immobilized his first jackal, how many lions surrounded the jackal while it slept?
4. What did Begie Berghoffer tell the Owens was the only thing they should fear in the Kalahari?
5. How are Mark and Delia related?
(a) They are brother and sister.
(b) They are father and daughter.
(c) They are not related.
(d) They are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what decade did Mark and Delia first move to the Kalahari?
2. Which of the following animals did the Owens NOT see drinking from the mudholes in Maun?
3. How often did Bergie Berghoffer visit with the Owens in their camp?
4. According to Mark's dream, in what type of landscape did the cheetah die?
5. At what time of night did the landscape go quiet, and Mark knew the lions had made a kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Owens react the first time they saw the brown hyenas playing together?
2. How did the Owens celebrate their first Christmas in the Kalahari?
3. How did life in the Owens' camp improve after Lionel Palmer came to visit?
4. Who was Bergie Berghoffer?
5. How do hyenas communicate with one another?
6. What was the Owens' reaction to the news that Bergie Berghoffer had died?
7. What type of weather seasons occur in a typical year in the Kalahari?
8. Who was Moose, and what type of relationship did he have with Delia?
9. What was the Owens' initial reaction to their first wildfire in the Kalahari?
10. What was weather like for the Owens during their first summer in the Kalahari?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)