|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On which of the following animals did Delia decide to focus her PhD?
(b) Wild dogs.
2. How many of Gypsy's cubs died due to starvation?
3. How old was Mox at the time when he was hired by the Owens?
4. Which of the following people accidentally shot Bones to death?
5. How many years did the National Geographic Society fund the Owens and the work in the Kalahari?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
6. During the dry season of 1977, which of the following did not take place?
(a) The lions ate only vegetables.
(b) There wasn't enough food for the lions.
(c) Females split up into smaller groups to hunt.
(d) Males began hunting for their own food.
7. During the hot, dry season of 1979, how hot did the riverbed get during the daytime?
(a) 110 degrees.
(b) 130 degrees.
(c) 90 degrees.
(d) 150 degrees.
8. What was the name of the cottage owned by Dolene and Simon Paul?
(a) The Cobra Cottage.
(b) The Jaguar Cottage.
(c) The Mongoose Cottage.
(d) The Buffalo Cottage.
9. After drinking from the lake, where did the wildebeest run to in order to seek shelter?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The woods.
(c) The bushes.
(d) There was no shelter for the wildebeest.
10. What did the Owens hope to learn about the brown hyenas when they tagged them?
(a) Their child rearing.
(b) Their migratory habits.
(c) Their hunting styles.
(d) Their mating rituals.
11. What was Mox's primary language at the time when he was hired?
12. Which of the following small animals did Mox inadvertently kill while collecting mice for research?
(a) A shrew.
(b) A mongoose.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mole.
13. What were the Union Carbide reps hoping to find in the Owens' camp?
14. What was the name of the other pride of lions living the Kalahari at the same time as the Blue Pride?
(a) The Pan Pride.
(b) The Penny Pride.
(c) The Purple Pride.
(d) The Pot Pride.
15. Which of the following people did NOT help in the process of tagging the brown hyenas around camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't the Owens reach Gypsy's cubs to save them before starvation took them?
2. To which of the following stones did Mark compare the tens of thousands of wildebeest making their migration in 1979?
3. After Bones' death, on what species of animal did the Owens decide to focus all their money and attention?
4. Which of the following lionesses became nomadic during the dry season of 1979?
5. In which of the following hotels did the Owens share lunch with Mr. Van der Westhuizen?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)