|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Owens know that Mox quit his position as assistant?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He wrote them a note.
(c) He told them.
(d) He stormed off, away from camp.
2. What was the name of the lioness from the Springbok Pan Pride that Muffin and Moffet began to court?
3. What state was the Owens' campsite in when they returned to it?
(a) It was looted.
(b) It was exactly as they left it.
(c) It was in complete disarray.
(d) It was gone completely.
4. After Bones' death, on what species of animal did the Owens decide to focus all their money and attention?
5. In which of the following hotels did the Owens share lunch with Mr. Van der Westhuizen?
(a) The Riviera.
(b) The Cosmopolitan.
(c) The Sahara.
(d) The Desert Plain.
6. Which of the following illnesses was Blue suffering from at the time the Owens found her in 1979?
7. After she was in the hospital, how long did Delia spend in the States?
(a) One week.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
8. Which of the following adjectives best described Mox at the time when he was hired by the Owens?
9. In what month does the rainy season typically start in the Kalahari?
10. What part of Mark's airplane broke the first time he flew it over the Kalahari, nearly causing him to crash?
(a) The gas tank.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The wing.
(d) The steering wheel.
11. When eating dinner with Lionel and the American hunters, which of the following items was NOT on the menu?
12. How much money did Mr. Van der Westhuizen give the Owens for their research?
13. After drinking from the lake, where did the wildebeest run to in order to seek shelter?
(a) There was no shelter for the wildebeest.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The woods.
14. Which of the following statements best describes the lioness Muffin and Moffet tried to court?
(a) She was a weak female.
(b) She was a nomadic female.
(c) She was a barren female.
(d) She was a dominant female.
15. Which of the following words completed the mantra under the plane Mark purchased: "Echo Whiskey _____" ?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the dominant male in the Springbok Pan Pride of Lions?
2. How did the Owens know that the corpse in the shed belonged to Bones?
3. How many of Gypsy's cubs died due to starvation?
4. How long were the Union Carbide reps in the Owens' camp before they returned to their headquarters?
5. While Delia was in the hospital, which relative did she hear about dying?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)