|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the dry season of 1977, which of the following did not take place?
(a) The lions ate only vegetables.
(b) Females split up into smaller groups to hunt.
(c) Males began hunting for their own food.
(d) There wasn't enough food for the lions.
2. Which of the following was NOT a valley in the Kalahari?
(a) Passarge Valley.
(b) Hidden Valley.
(c) Deception Valley.
(d) Cobble Valley.
3. Which of the following groups of animals killed Star?
4. How many times were the Owens stopped by armed gunmen when they tried to return to camp after their visit to the States?
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
5. What other injury did Bones have at the time when the Owens found him?
(a) He was covered in porcupine quills.
(b) He was missing five teeth.
(c) He had scratches across his belly from a fight.
(d) He had mange and poison ivy.
6. How many wildebeest died in the migration toward water?
(b) A hundred thousand.
7. Why did Pepper frequent the Owens' camp?
(a) For food.
(b) For water.
(c) For companionship.
(d) For shelter.
8. Which of the following people did NOT help in the process of tagging the brown hyenas around camp?
9. In which of the following hotels did the Owens share lunch with Mr. Van der Westhuizen?
(a) The Desert Plain.
(b) The Sahara.
(c) The Riviera.
(d) The Cosmopolitan.
10. How many miles was Mark supposed to put in before earning the license that would allow him to fly solo over the Kalahari?
(a) Five hundred.
(b) Four hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Three hundred.
11. Which of the following groups of lions are typically responsible for hunting in a pride?
(a) The dominant males.
(b) The young females.
(c) The mature females.
(d) The young males.
12. Where was Bones shot?
(a) In the back.
(b) In the head.
(c) In the leg.
(d) In the heart.
13. Which of the following animals did the Owens feast on during the BBQ at Dad's?
14. Which of the following statements best describes the lioness Muffin and Moffet tried to court?
(a) She was a weak female.
(b) She was a dominant female.
(c) She was a nomadic female.
(d) She was a barren female.
15. What was the name of the cottage owned by Dolene and Simon Paul?
(a) The Mongoose Cottage.
(b) The Jaguar Cottage.
(c) The Buffalo Cottage.
(d) The Cobra Cottage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hierarchy of strength, which animal was at the bottom in the Kalahari?
2. How many pups did Star give birth to in her final litter?
3. Which of the following chores is NOT one the Owens expected their assistant to be in charge of?
4. What direction do wildebeest instinctively head toward for water?
5. Which of the following lionesses proved to be the best mother to her cubs?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)