|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After drinking from the lake, where did the wildebeest run to in order to seek shelter?
(a) The woods.
(b) The bushes.
(c) The mountains.
(d) There was no shelter for the wildebeest.
2. After she was in the hospital, how long did Delia spend in the States?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Four weeks.
3. Why did Pepper frequent the Owens' camp?
(a) For food.
(b) For shelter.
(c) For water.
(d) For companionship.
4. Who brought food to Star's pups after her death?
(a) The other hyenas.
(b) The pups hunted for themselves.
(c) The lions.
(d) The Owens.
5. How many of Gypsy's cubs died due to starvation?
6. Which of the following adjectives best described Mox at the time when he was hired by the Owens?
7. What luxury did the Owens indulge in during their stay at the Paul's cottage?
(a) Expensive oysters..
(b) A safari trip.
(c) A nice bed.
8. According to the Owens' research, why do hyenas live in packs?
(a) To care for their young.
(b) For selection in mating.
(c) For entertainment and companionship.
(d) To hunt together.
9. What was Mox's primary language at the time when he was hired?
10. How many wildebeest died in the migration toward water?
(c) A hundred thousand.
11. How much did the Owens pay Mox per day for his assistance?
(a) Twenty-five cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Seventy-five cents.
12. With their tagging equipment, how long did it take the Owens to check all the animals with their radar?
(a) A few weeks.
(b) A few hours.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few minutes.
13. What part of Bone's body was broken at the time when the Owens found him?
(a) His neck.
(b) His leg.
(c) His ribs.
(d) His jaw.
14. While Delia was in the hospital, which relative did she hear about dying?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
15. Which of the following large cats did Star and Shadow intimidate away from its kill?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A jaguar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Bones shot?
2. Which of the following did NOT contribute to the deaths of the wildebeest during their migration?
3. In which of the following animals were Wes and Anne, the hunters, most interested?
4. Which of the following lionesses became nomadic during the dry season of 1979?
5. How long were the Union Carbide reps in the Owens' camp before they returned to their headquarters?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)