|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fire, which of the following adjectives best described Mark and Delia?
2. What type of tree marked the border of the Owens' camp in the Kalahari?
(a) A safou tree.
(b) A tamarind tree.
(c) An acacia tree.
(d) A lemonwood tree.
3. Where did Mark and Delia sleep when they were studying lions in the Kalahari?
(a) In sleeping bags, under the stars.
(b) In a safari truck.
(c) In a motel.
(d) In their car.
4. Who was President when the Owens first moved to the Kalahari?
5. How did the Owens react the first time they saw hyenas playing together?
(a) They were amused.
(b) They were terrified.
(c) They were confused.
(d) They were apathetic.
6. According to Mark's dream, in what type of landscape did the cheetah die?
7. Who loaned the Owens their trailer?
(a) Lionel Palmer.
(b) The Frankfurt Zoological Society.
(c) Bergie Berghoffer.
(d) Norbert Drager.
8. Which of the following was NOT a name of one of the lions in the pride the Owens studied?
9. On the day she was surrounded by lions, where was Delia going to hide before Mark came to her rescue and scared the lions away?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In her sleeping bag.
(d) In her car.
10. What did the Owens name Captain's mate?
(a) Second Captain.
11. How did the Owens react to the news that Bergie Berghoffer was dead?
(a) They decided to take three months off to attend his funeral.
(b) They did not react to the news.
(c) They decided to keep working in his honor.
(d) They decided to go back home.
12. In Mark's dream, what animal was the cheetah chasing?
(a) A lamb.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) A lion.
(d) A gazelle.
13. What type of hyena was Star?
(a) A striped hyena.
(b) A spotted hyena.
(c) A brown hyena.
(d) An albino hyena.
14. How large was the lioness that crept up to Mark's bed in the middle of the night?
(a) Three hundred pounds.
(b) Two hundred pounds.
(c) One hundred pounds.
(d) Four hundred pounds.
15. What was the typical temperature during the day in the Kalahari in the month of July?
(a) 50 degrees.
(b) 110 degrees.
(c) 90 degrees.
(d) 70 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal did the eyes that towered over the bushes at night belong to?
2. What color were the lions' eyes at night when the Owens spotted them with their flashlights?
3. What color was Bergie Berghoffer's truck?
4. How many lionesses, in total, were part of the pride that crept up to Mark's bed at night?
5. How are Mark and Delia related?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)