|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Owens name the hyena with a white patch on her forehead?
2. How often did Bergie Berghoffer visit with the Owens in their camp?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a day.
3. Which part of the Owens' bodies was blistered after battling the fire near their tent?
(a) Their backs.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their feet.
(d) Their faces.
4. What type of hyena was Star?
(a) A brown hyena.
(b) A spotted hyena.
(c) An albino hyena.
(d) A striped hyena.
5. What type of animal was Captain?
(a) A hyena.
(b) A wild dog.
(c) A jackal.
(d) A lion.
6. How are Mark and Delia related?
(a) They are not related.
(b) They are father and daughter.
(c) They are married.
(d) They are brother and sister.
7. How close did Star get to Delia's face when she sniffed her for the first time?
(a) Twelve inches.
(b) Two inches.
(c) Star never came close to Delia's face.
(d) Six inches.
8. What was the name of the dominant hyena in Star's pack?
9. According to Mark's dream, in what type of landscape did the cheetah die?
10. Where was Mark when he had his dream about the graceful cheetah?
(a) In his swimming pool.
(b) In his car.
(c) In an airplace.
(d) In his bed.
11. In which African country is the Kalahari Desert located?
12. On the day she was surrounded by lions, where was Delia going to hide before Mark came to her rescue and scared the lions away?
(a) In a trunk.
(b) In a tree.
(c) In her sleeping bag.
(d) In her car.
13. In Mark's dream, what animal was the cheetah chasing?
(a) A lamb.
(b) An ostrich.
(c) A gazelle.
(d) A lion.
14. After the fire, what did the Owens cough up for days?
15. What did the Owens name Captain's mate?
(b) Second Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals did the Owens NOT see drinking from the mudholes in Maun?
2. What animal did the eyes that towered over the bushes at night belong to?
3. Where do hyenas bite each other when they are playing?
4. How did Mark and Delia stop the fire from reaching their tent?
5. Which of the following caused the Owens to lose a great deal of weight around the time of the fire?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)