|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who loaned the Owens their trailer?
(a) The Frankfurt Zoological Society.
(b) Bergie Berghoffer.
(c) Lionel Palmer.
(d) Norbert Drager.
2. How much money did the Owens spend on their first Range Rover?
3. How long did the fire in the Kalahari last before rains quenched it?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
4. How did the Owens celebrate their first Christmas in the Kalahari?
(a) All of the above.
(b) By exchanging gifts.
(c) By having a roast chicken dinner.
(d) By decorating a Christmas Tree.
5. On the day Mark immobilized his first jackal, how many lions surrounded the jackal while it slept?
6. In Mark's dream. what caused the cheetah to split in half?
(a) A rope trap.
(b) A sword.
(c) A bullet wound.
(d) A fence.
7. The Owens used their trailer _____________.
(a) To sleep in.
(b) To store food supplies.
(c) To fetch water.
(d) To house injured animals.
8. In what year did Mark and Delia decide to hire an assistant?
9. Where did Mark and Delia sleep when they were studying lions in the Kalahari?
(a) In sleeping bags, under the stars.
(b) In their car.
(c) In a motel.
(d) In a safari truck.
10. Which of the following caused the Owens to lose a great deal of weight around the time of the fire?
(a) They both went on a diet.
(b) Food born illness.
(c) Contaminated water.
(d) Meager food supplies.
11. What did Begie Berghoffer tell the Owens was the only thing they should fear in the Kalahari?
12. How did Mark and Delia stop the fire from reaching their tent?
(a) They built a trench.
(b) They threw water on the fire.
(c) They moved their tent.
(d) The did not stop the fire, and their tent was destroyed.
13. How much money did the Owens bring with them from the States when they moved to Botswana?
14. Where do hyenas bite each other when they are playing?
(a) The legs.
(b) The neck.
(c) The tail.
(d) The belly.
15. The Owens wanted their assistant to be from ____________.
(c) The United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lionel Palmer do for a living at the time when he met the Owens?
2. How long did it typically take Mark to purchase supplies in Maun?
3. After the fire, what did the Owens cough up for days?
4. At what time of night did the landscape go quiet, and Mark knew the lions had made a kill?
5. What was the name of the dominant hyena in Star's pack?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)