|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18 through 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the hierarchy of strength, which animal was at the bottom in the Kalahari?
(a) The jackals.
(b) The leopards.
(c) The lions.
(d) The hyenas.
2. What was the name of the other pride of lions living the Kalahari at the same time as the Blue Pride?
(a) The Pot Pride.
(b) The Penny Pride.
(c) The Purple Pride.
(d) The Pan Pride.
3. What part of Mark's airplane broke the first time he flew it over the Kalahari, nearly causing him to crash?
(a) The steering wheel.
(b) The windshield.
(c) The wing.
(d) The gas tank.
4. How did the Owens react when Mr. Van der Westhuizen offered them this amount of money for their research?
(a) They were offended.
(b) They were apathetic.
(c) They were amused.
(d) They were appreciative.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the jackals and wild dogs the Owens encountered on their first day in camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Owens hope to learn about the brown hyenas when they tagged them?
2. What was Mox's primary language at the time when he was hired?
3. In what type of landscape did Star live?
4. What type of vehicle did the Owens purchase when terrorism was on the rise in Botswana?
5. How did the Owens know that Mox quit his position as assistant?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)