|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what decade did Mark and Delia first move to the Kalahari?
2. What color was Bergie Berghoffer's truck?
3. How did the Owens react to the news that Bergie Berghoffer was dead?
(a) They did not react to the news.
(b) They decided to take three months off to attend his funeral.
(c) They decided to keep working in his honor.
(d) They decided to go back home.
4. How often did Bergie Berghoffer visit with the Owens in their camp?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a year.
5. What was the typical temperature at night during the month of July?
(a) 15 degrees.
(b) 35 degrees.
(c) 75 degrees.
(d) 55 degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large was the lioness that crept up to Mark's bed in the middle of the night?
2. Which of the following food supplies was NOT purchased by the Owens when they first arrived in Maun?
3. How wide was the fire that swept through the Kalahari during the month of July?
4. In what valley of the Kalahari did the Owens set up their camp?
5. At what time of night did the landscape go quiet, and Mark knew the lions had made a kill?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)