|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wide was the fire that swept through the Kalahari during the month of July?
(a) 50 miles wide.
(b) 20 miles wide.
(c) 40 miles wide.
(d) 30 miles wide.
2. How many lionesses, in total, were part of the pride that crept up to Mark's bed at night?
(a) Fifteen lionesses.
(b) Thirteen lionesses.
(c) Eleven lionesses.
(d) Nine lionesses.
3. What was the first city in Botswana that the Owens landed in?
4. Before falling asleep on the first night in the prologue, what direction did Mark and Delia drive to get closer to the lions through the valley?
5. Which of the following items did Bergie Berghoffer bring to the Owens, convincing them to stay in the Kalahari?
(a) A truck.
(b) A tent.
(c) A canteen.
(d) A mosquito net.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the fire, what did the Owens cough up for days?
2. In which African country is the Kalahari Desert located?
3. How did Bergie Berghoffer die?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the jackals and wild dogs the Owens encountered on their first day in camp?
5. Which part of the Owens' bodies was blistered after battling the fire near their tent?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)