|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Fire.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the typical temperature at night during the month of July?
(a) 15 degrees.
(b) 35 degrees.
(c) 55 degrees.
(d) 75 degrees.
2. How much money did the Owens bring with them from the States when they moved to Botswana?
3. How often did Bergie Berghoffer visit with the Owens in their camp?
(a) Once a day.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
4. How did Mark and Delia stop the fire from reaching their tent?
(a) They moved their tent.
(b) They threw water on the fire.
(c) The did not stop the fire, and their tent was destroyed.
(d) They built a trench.
5. Before falling asleep on the first night in the prologue, what direction did Mark and Delia drive to get closer to the lions through the valley?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which African country is the Kalahari Desert located?
2. What organization did Bergie Berghoffer work for?
3. To what animal did the green, slanted eyes in the dark night belong?
4. Which part of the Owens' bodies was blistered after battling the fire near their tent?
5. What part of their belongings did the Owens lose in their tent fire?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)