|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 through 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best described Mox at the time when he was hired by the Owens?
2. Which part of the Owens' bodies was blistered after battling the fire near their tent?
(a) Their faces.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their feet.
(d) Their backs.
3. In the hierarchy of strength, which animal was at the bottom in the Kalahari?
(a) The lions.
(b) The jackals.
(c) The hyenas.
(d) The leopards.
4. How long did the fire in the Kalahari last before rains quenched it?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
5. What part of Mark's airplane broke the first time he flew it over the Kalahari, nearly causing him to crash?
(a) The gas tank.
(b) The steering wheel.
(c) The windshield.
(d) The wing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles was Mark supposed to put in before earning the license that would allow him to fly solo over the Kalahari?
2. What type of animal did Delia mistake for a rat in her sleeping bag?
3. How do subordinate hyenas show respect to dominant hyenas?
4. How did the Owens celebrate their first Christmas in the Kalahari?
5. How long were the Union Carbide reps in the Owens' camp before they returned to their headquarters?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)