|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does the rainy season typically start in the Kalahari?
2. Why did Delia decide to stay home from Maun on the day when she was surrounded by lions?
(a) To study the new lion cubs.
(b) She had to take care of a sick lion cub.
(c) To finish paperwork.
(d) She wasn't feeling well.
3. What color was Bergie Berghoffer's truck?
4. What was the name of the other pride of lions living the Kalahari at the same time as the Blue Pride?
(a) The Purple Pride.
(b) The Pan Pride.
(c) The Pot Pride.
(d) The Penny Pride.
5. How did the Owens react when Mr. Van der Westhuizen offered them this amount of money for their research?
(a) They were offended.
(b) They were apathetic.
(c) They were appreciative.
(d) They were amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Owens name the hyena with a white patch on her forehead?
2. What type of animal was Chief?
3. The Owens used their trailer _____________.
4. How much money did the Owens bring with them from the States when they moved to Botswana?
5. How much money did the National Geographic society grant to the Owens for their research?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)