|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following items did Norbert Drager regularly bring to the Owens in their camp?
2. Which of the following methods of escape was NOT one used by the animals of the Kalahari to escape the fire?
(a) Retreating to the water.
(b) Burrowing into the ground.
(c) Climbing trees.
(d) Running back to burned out areas.
3. In what month does the rainy season typically start in the Kalahari?
4. How much money did the Owens bring with them from the States when they moved to Botswana?
5. What type of tree marked the border of the Owens' camp in the Kalahari?
(a) A tamarind tree.
(b) An acacia tree.
(c) A lemonwood tree.
(d) A safou tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Mr. Van der Westhuizen give the Owens for their research?
2. The favorite food of Laramie, the lizard, was _________.
3. The Owens used their trailer _____________.
4. Which of the following food supplies was NOT purchased by the Owens when they first arrived in Maun?
5. On the day Mark immobilized his first jackal, how many lions surrounded the jackal while it slept?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)