|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Mark's dream, what animal was the cheetah chasing?
(a) An ostrich.
(b) A gazelle.
(c) A lion.
(d) A lamb.
2. How did Mark and Delia stop the fire from reaching their tent?
(a) They moved their tent.
(b) The did not stop the fire, and their tent was destroyed.
(c) They threw water on the fire.
(d) They built a trench.
3. How did the Owens react when Mr. Van der Westhuizen offered them this amount of money for their research?
(a) They were apathetic.
(b) They were offended.
(c) They were appreciative.
(d) They were amused.
4. In the hierarchy of strength, which animal was at the bottom in the Kalahari?
(a) The leopards.
(b) The jackals.
(c) The hyenas.
(d) The lions.
5. How did the Owens react to the news that Bergie Berghoffer was dead?
(a) They decided to go back home.
(b) They did not react to the news.
(c) They decided to keep working in his honor.
(d) They decided to take three months off to attend his funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following food supplies was NOT purchased by the Owens when they first arrived in Maun?
2. Which part of the Owens' bodies was blistered after battling the fire near their tent?
3. In what valley of the Kalahari did the Owens set up their camp?
4. Which of the following is NOT a way that lions communicate with each other?
5. Which of the following animals did the Owens NOT see drinking from the mudholes in Maun?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)