|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found in the envelope in Susan's home?
2. Why is Scarpetta not looking forward to her meeting with Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
3. How does Sullivan treat the police when he calls them?
4. How does Sullivan respond to seeing Scarpetta at his apartment?
5. What does Scarpetta realize about the way Eddie Heath's body is positioned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Scarpetta head to Robyn's old house to get fingerprints?
2. What act of kindness does Scarpetta do for Charlie Hale?
3. What causes the governor to resign?
4. Why does Jennifer's ex-husband like Scarpetta so much?
5. How does Scarpetta explain away the incriminating evidence found in Susan's home?
6. What question does Grueman have about Scarpetta's finances?
7. What does Scarpetta learn about the bullets used in both Eddie Heath's and Susan's cases?
8. What does Scarpetta accuse Ben of during the confrontation in Ben's office?
9. What does Scarpetta suspect about the briefcase Jennifer's ex-husband gives her?
10. Why is Scarpetta relieved of her duties?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What clues does Cornwell give the reader that demonstrates Scarpetta's innocence throughout "Cruel and Unusual"? What does Cornwell do to make that evidence seem believable to the reader in the face of other incriminating evidence?
Essay Topic 2
How does the information about Scarpetta's relationship with Mark contribute to her character? Provide at least 3 specific examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast 2 female characters from "Cruel and Unusual" (like Lucy and Scarpetta or Susan and Scarpetta).
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)