|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was found in the envelope in Susan's home?
2. Why does Scarpetta visit Grueman after her meeting with the bird expert?
3. Who catches Scarpetta in Ben's office?
4. Why was Waddell's file not deleted as it should have been after his execution?
5. What was found on the envelope in Susan's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta learn about the bullets used in both Eddie Heath's and Susan's cases?
2. What causes the governor to resign?
3. What does the bird expert say about the feathers found at every crime scene?
4. Why does Scarpetta find the request to see her guns ridiculous?
5. What act of kindness does Charlie Hale do for Scarpetta?
6. Once Lucy discovers someone has tapped into AFIS, what is Benton's theory about Waddell's fingerprints?
7. Over dinner at the ski lodge, what do Benton and Scarpetta decide is an unlikely hypothesis of Waddell?
8. What personal advice does Marino give Scarpetta over lunch once rumors surrounding Susan's death have hit the papers?
9. What does Grueman confess about why he was so hard on Scarpetta in law school?
10. What causes Benton and Scarpetta to wonder if Eddie Heath's and Robyn's murders are related?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a well-reasoned argument discussing whether or not Scarpetta is a good role model for young, female readers.
Essay Topic 2
What clues does Cornwell give the reader that demonstrates Scarpetta's innocence throughout "Cruel and Unusual"? What does Cornwell do to make that evidence seem believable to the reader in the face of other incriminating evidence?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the relationship between Lucy and Scarpetta. Using direct evidence from the text, make sure to address the following points: what their relationship has been like historically, what their relationship is like now, and what the reader learns about these 2 characters through their interactions with each other.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)