|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Eddie Heath's body found?
(a) Behind a hospital.
(b) Behind a post office.
(c) Behind a grocery store.
(d) Behind Scarpetta's house.
2. Who wrote "Cruel and Unusual"?
(a) J. K. Rowling.
(b) Patricia Higginson.
(c) Patricia Cornwell.
3. What ends Scarpetta's visit to Susan's house?
(a) The arrival of Susan's husband.
(b) Scarpetta is called to another crime scene.
(c) A burglar coming in.
(d) Scarpetta's alarm clock.
4. Who is Mrs. Clary?
(a) Jennifer's nosy neighbor.
(b) Jennifer's gardener.
(c) Jennifer's mother.
(d) Jennifer's secret girlfriend.
5. Which police officer arrives to watch Waddell's autopsy?
(a) All of the officers.
(c) None of the officers.
6. Why does Scarpetta decide to stop at Susan's house on her way to a party?
(a) Scarpetta is taking homemade chicken soup to Susan.
(b) Scarpetta to drop off Susan's belongings from the lab.
(c) Scarpetta wants to tell her Susan is fired.
(d) Scarpetta wants to give Susan a gift.
7. Whose name does Scarpetta willingly remove as a witness to Eddie Heath's autopsy?
8. Who is Mark James?
(a) Scarpetta's dead boyfriend.
(b) Scarpetta's dead ex-husband.
(c) Scarpetta's dead father.
(d) Scarpetta's dead brother.
9. What does Scarpetta notice immediately about Waddell's body?
(a) Someone has broken his legs.
(b) It is very bloody.
(c) He has a beard.
(d) He is still alive.
10. What does Susan break during Eddie Heath's autopsy?
(a) Scarpetta's computer.
(b) Her wrist.
(c) Glass jars of formaldehyde.
(d) Her glasses.
11. What is Lucy's area of expertise?
12. What does Scarpetta find on Eddie Heath's wrists during his autopsy?
(a) Tape residue.
(b) Marker marks.
(c) Chewing gum.
13. What does Scarpetta conclude after examining the electric chair at the prison?
(a) It was the source of the marks on Waddell's arms.
(b) Someone has set it up to explode next time it is used.
(c) It was malfunctioning.
(d) It was not the source of the marks on Waddell's arms.
14. When was Jennifer married?
(a) In the seventies.
(b) In the nineties.
(c) In the sixties.
(d) In the eighties.
15. In what city does Dr. Scarpetta work?
(a) Somewhere in Georgia.
(b) Richmond, Virginia.
(c) Richmond, Canada.
(d) San Francisco, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the image found on the blank piece of paper found at Jennifer's house say?
2. What does Marino give Scarpetta for Christmas?
3. Who does Scarpetta instruct to take Waddell's fingerprints?
4. Who informs Susan's family that she has been murdered?
5. What is Scarpetta's opinion of Heath's killer?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)