|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy think someone was trying to do on Scarpetta's computer?
(a) Plant evidence.
(b) Send a message.
(c) Build a bomb.
(d) Leave a virus.
2. Whose office is Scarpetta in when she finally figures out to whom the secret file was sent?
(a) Her own.
(b) The mayor's.
(d) The administrator's.
3. What does Scarpetta think of the lack of abrasions on Heath's wrists?
(a) He was definitely not killed by Waddell.
(b) The tape was very loose.
(c) He was bound after he was shot.
(d) Someone other than the killer put tape on his wrists.
4. What has Scarpetta bought Susan as a Christmas gift?
(a) A new car.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A sweater from Belize.
(d) A leather jacket.
5. Who is Vander?
(a) Scarpetta's fingerprint expert.
(b) Scarpetta's current boyfriend.
(c) Scarpetta's gardener.
(d) Scarpetta's personal trainer.
6. What was Jennifer's relationship like with her ex-husband?
7. What unusual item is found in the residue on Eddie Heath's wrists?
(a) A tattoo.
(b) A rubber band.
(d) A bandaid.
8. Who informs Susan's family that she has been murdered?
(a) Officer James Powers.
(b) Lucy and Marino.
(c) Marino and Scarpetta.
(d) Lucy and Scarpetta.
9. How is Susan Stone killed?
(a) She is drowned.
(b) She is strangled.
(c) She is poisoned.
(d) She is shot.
10. How does Nicholas Grueman usually make Scarpetta feel?
(a) Like she is back in law school.
(b) Like she is the smartest person in the room.
(c) Like she is young and beautiful again.
(d) Like she is drunk.
11. Where is Jennifer's body found?
(a) In her backyard.
(b) In her dumpster.
(c) In her garage.
(d) In her kitchen.
12. What does Scarpetta notice immediately about Waddell's body?
(a) He has a beard.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) It is very bloody.
(d) Someone has broken his legs.
13. Who is Jennifer Deighton?
(a) A famous news reporter.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) A person whose death Scarpetta has to investigate.
(d) A former Olympic athlete.
14. How old is Eddie Health?
15. For whom was the suspicious message on Scarpetta's computer written?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fingerprint has been found in the dining room of Jennifer Deighton's house?
2. When was Jennifer married?
3. What does Scarpetta notice on Susan Stone's body while examining the crime scene?
4. Why are most employees unable to come to the morgue the day after Jennifer's body was found?
5. What does Susan break during Eddie Heath's autopsy?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)