|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mrs. Clary feel about having Jennifer as a neighbor?
(a) She loved her to pieces.
(b) She felt like the whole neighborhood was going down the tubes.
(c) She wished she had kids so she could babysit them.
(d) She didn't like her.
2. What ends Scarpetta's visit to Susan's house?
(a) The arrival of Susan's husband.
(b) Scarpetta is called to another crime scene.
(c) Scarpetta's alarm clock.
(d) A burglar coming in.
3. What does Lucy need to get into Scarpetta's database?
(a) A special microchip.
(b) A fingerprint sample.
(c) Her name and password.
(d) An actual key.
4. Why are most employees unable to come to the morgue the day after Jennifer's body was found?
(a) Because someone has changed all the locks.
(b) Because they are on strike.
(c) Because of a bad snow storm.
(d) Because the paparazzi is chasing them.
5. Where is the holiday party being held that Scarpetta attends?
(a) In Washington, D.C.
(b) In her neighborhood.
(c) In her own home.
(d) In the mayor's office.
6. How easy is it for Lucy to get into Scarpetta's database?
(a) It's impossible.
(b) Very hard.
(c) Very easy.
(d) Not easy or hard.
7. What is Susan Story's job?
(a) She is the morgue supervisor.
(b) She is Scarpetta's boss.
(c) She is Scarpetta's supervisor.
(d) She is Scarpetta's niece.
8. Who is Frank Donahue?
(a) The prison warden.
(b) Scarpetta's boyfriend.
(c) Lucy's father.
(d) Lucy's boyfriend.
9. What unusual item is found in the residue on Eddie Heath's wrists?
(a) A rubber band.
(b) A tattoo.
(d) A bandaid.
10. Who wrote "Cruel and Unusual"?
(a) Patricia Higginson.
(c) Patricia Cornwell.
(d) J. K. Rowling.
11. What is Scarpetta's opinion of Heath's killer?
(a) He is not from America.
(b) He is intelligent.
(c) He is quite dumb.
(d) He is very careless.
12. Where was Eddie Heath's body found?
(a) Behind a grocery store.
(b) Behind a post office.
(c) Behind Scarpetta's house.
(d) Behind a hospital.
13. After seeing Eddie Health, what kind of research on the computer does Scarpetta order?
(a) None of these answers is correct.
(b) Cases of excised skin.
(c) Cases that include bite marks.
(d) Cases of excised skin and cases that include bite marks.
14. Who tells Scarpetta that Waddell's execution is taking place as planned?
(a) Pete Marino.
(b) No one.
(c) Waddell himself.
(d) Ben Stevens.
15. In what city does Dr. Scarpetta work?
(a) Richmond, Virginia.
(b) Richmond, Canada.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Somewhere in Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Susan catch a ride on the day most employees cannot come to work?
2. Which police officer arrives to watch Waddell's autopsy?
3. When was Jennifer married?
4. When the novel first opens, who is Scarpetta waiting for in the morgue?
5. Where did Susan tell others she was going to before she was murdered?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)