|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had taped an interview of Scarpetta a few weeks before dying?
(a) Scarpetta's mom.
(c) No one.
(d) Marino's ex-girlfriend.
2. What do Scarpetta and Lucy decorate?
(a) Her new office.
(b) Christmas cookies.
(c) A Christmas tree.
(d) Gingerbread houses.
3. What reason is Scarpetta given for the unusual appearance of Waddell's body?
(a) He tripped and fell.
(b) He had a nose bleed.
(c) He was dead a few minutes ago.
(d) He wouldn't let anyone shave him.
4. What does Scarpetta think of the lack of abrasions on Heath's wrists?
(a) The tape was very loose.
(b) Someone other than the killer put tape on his wrists.
(c) He was bound after he was shot.
(d) He was definitely not killed by Waddell.
5. Who tells Scarpetta that the police were able to lift several fingerprints from the scene where Jennifer's body was found?
(b) No one.
6. Who is Vander?
(a) Scarpetta's gardener.
(b) Scarpetta's current boyfriend.
(c) Scarpetta's personal trainer.
(d) Scarpetta's fingerprint expert.
7. What is Lucy's area of expertise?
8. What does Susan break during Eddie Heath's autopsy?
(a) Glass jars of formaldehyde.
(b) Scarpetta's computer.
(c) Her wrist.
(d) Her glasses.
9. What does Eddie Health die from?
(a) No one can really tell for sure.
(b) A gunshot wound to his head.
10. Who initially helps Scarpetta with Jennifer's autopsy?
11. Where does Scarpetta find an envelope on Waddell's body?
(a) Taped to his leg.
(b) In his back pocket.
(c) Hidden on the bottom of his foot.
(d) Taped to his arm.
12. What neighborhood do Marino and Scarpetta go and visit after they see where Waddell was visited?
(a) The neighborhood where Eddie Health lived.
(b) Downtown for dinner.
(c) Marino's neighborhood.
(d) Scarpetta's neighborhood.
13. What does the image found on the blank piece of paper found at Jennifer's house say?
(a) Jennifer has been having an affair with Marino.
(b) Jennifer is out to get Scarpetta.
(c) Jennifer knows Waddell is innocent and is willing to testify to that fact.
(d) Jennifer has agreed to help Grueman do something.
14. Where is Jennifer's body found?
(a) In her dumpster.
(b) In her garage.
(c) In her backyard.
(d) In her kitchen.
15. What does Scarpetta find on her computer after Susan has gone there to lie down?
(b) Incriminating pictures.
(c) A resignation letter.
(d) A file she did not create.
Short Answer Questions
1. What office issues a report about the residue found on Eddie Heath's wrists?
2. When the novel first opens, who is Scarpetta waiting for in the morgue?
3. How does Susan's sister die?
4. What does Marino give Scarpetta for Christmas?
5. Why must Susan lie down during Eddie Health's autopsy?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)