1. Who wrote "Cruel and Unusual"?
2. "Cruel and Unusual" is which number in the Scarpetta series?
3. Who is Dr. Kay Scarpetta?
The medical examiner.
4. In what city does Dr. Scarpetta work?
5. When the novel first opens, who is Scarpetta waiting for in the morgue?
Ronnie Joe Waddell.
6. Where is Ronnie Joe Waddell executed?
At a prison.
7. Who tells Scarpetta that Waddell's execution is taking place as planned?
8. What does Scarpetta notice immediately about Waddell's body?
It is very bloody.
This section contains 4,518 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)