|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing Eddie Health, what kind of research on the computer does Scarpetta order?
(a) Cases of excised skin and cases that include bite marks.
(b) Cases of excised skin.
(c) None of these answers is correct.
(d) Cases that include bite marks.
2. Why must Susan lie down during Eddie Health's autopsy?
(a) Because she has compromised the security of the lab by breaking Scarpetta's computer.
(b) Because she is of no use with her broken wrist.
(c) Because she cannot see now that her glasses are broken.
(d) Because the formaldehyde is not good for pregnant women.
3. What request is in the envelope that is found with Waddell?
(a) For Scarpetta to open the envelope privately.
(b) To send it to Waddell's mother.
(c) To bury the envelope with Waddell.
(d) To send it to Waddell's girlfriend.
4. What does Scarpetta conclude after examining the electric chair at the prison?
(a) It was not the source of the marks on Waddell's arms.
(b) It was the source of the marks on Waddell's arms.
(c) It was malfunctioning.
(d) Someone has set it up to explode next time it is used.
5. When the novel first opens, who is Scarpetta waiting for in the morgue?
(a) Ronnie Joe Waddell.
(b) Pete Marino.
(c) Television reporters.
(d) Her assistant, Susan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jennifer's body found?
2. What does Lucy complain about during her time with Scarpetta?
3. Who initially helps Scarpetta with Jennifer's autopsy?
4. With whom does Susan catch a ride on the day most employees cannot come to work?
5. What does Scarpetta let Lucy borrow while she is staying with her?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)