|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(a) Marshall Herrick.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
2. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
3. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
(a) Making her cold with her icy stare.
(b) Making her shawl move.
(c) Making her shiver by pulling on her shawl.
(d) Making her shiver, by sending a chill wind.
4. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
(a) Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mary Warren.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
5. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
6. What is Martha Corey accused of?
(a) Killing a Mrs. Putnam's children.
(b) Cursing Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Making a Voodoo doll of Abigail.
(d) Cursing a local farmer's pigs.
7. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
(a) That his wife reads books.
(b) That his wife goes missing after dinner.
(c) That his wife has been dancing.
(d) That his wife has been hiding dolls.
8. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Nine months.
9. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
10. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A candied apple.
(b) A doll.
(c) A gavel.
(d) A stuffed bear.
11. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(a) Sarah Good.
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
12. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
13. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
14. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says that she hired Abigail.
(b) She says she was frigid toward him.
(c) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(d) She says she wasn't home enough.
15. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
2. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
3. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
4. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
5. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)