|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) He is filthy.
2. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says she wasn't home enough.
(b) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(c) She says she was frigid toward him.
(d) She says that she hired Abigail.
3. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A doll.
(c) A candied apple.
(d) A gavel.
4. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
5. Why won't Danforth pardon the accused?
(a) He says it wouldn't be fair.
(b) He says they must confess first.
(c) He says they are guilty and must die.
(d) He says he doesn't have the power.
6. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
7. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
8. What might the community do if Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor are killed?
(a) The people may leave Salem.
(b) The people may try to kill more witches.
(c) The people may riot and overthrow the court.
(d) The people may not pay their taxes.
9. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
(a) Making her shiver, by sending a chill wind.
(b) Making her shiver by pulling on her shawl.
(c) Making her cold with her icy stare.
(d) Making her shawl move.
10. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
(a) Honor thy mother and father.
(b) Thou shalt not kill.
(c) Thou shalt not covet.
(d) Thou shalt not commit adultery.
11. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
12. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
(b) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(c) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
(d) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
13. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
(a) Wandering livestock.
(b) Whether it will rain or not.
(c) Who owns the land.
(d) Seed prices.
14. Who is the clerk of the court?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Mr. Cheever.
(c) Mr. Herrick.
(d) Giles Corey.
15. What animal does Tituba hear outside of the room she is staying in?
(a) A pig.
(b) A frog.
(c) A spider.
(d) A cow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
2. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
3. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
4. What were Giles Corey's final words?
5. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)