|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
(a) That his wife reads books.
(b) That his wife has been dancing.
(c) That his wife has been hiding dolls.
(d) That his wife goes missing after dinner.
2. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Sarah Good.
(d) Goody Osbourne.
3. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
4. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(c) John Proctor.
5. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
(a) Pay his bail.
(b) Sign his name on the confession.
(c) Give up his land.
(d) Ask for forgiveness.
6. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(c) Marshall Herrick.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
7. How old is Mary Warren?
8. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He is old and forgetful.
(b) He feels guilty.
(c) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(d) He is stressed out.
9. What surprising thing is learned about Elizabeth Proctor in Act 3?
(a) She is really a witch.
(b) She planned to leave John Proctor.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is having an affair.
10. Why does Hale ask Danforth to delay the witch trial proceedings?
(a) The plaintiffs don't have proper representation.
(b) The people on the list all need to be questioned.
(c) The people on the list are all witches.
(d) The defendants don't have proper representation.
11. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
(d) A swollen ankle.
12. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
(a) Of having an affair with his wife.
(b) Of using the trial to scare children.
(c) Of using the trial to get land.
(d) Of using the trial to do the deeds of the devil.
13. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
14. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess because he is innocent.
(b) He won't confess out of spite.
(c) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
(d) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
15. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
(a) Thirty pounds.
(b) Thirty-one pounds.
(c) Thirty-three pounds.
(d) Three hundred pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
2. What does Danforth ask Mary to do to prove that she and the girls are lying?
3. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
4. Which male character is arrested at the end of Act 3?
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)