|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
(a) Three hundred pounds.
(b) Thirty-one pounds.
(c) Thirty-three pounds.
(d) Thirty pounds.
2. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says that she hired Abigail.
(b) She says she wasn't home enough.
(c) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(d) She says she was frigid toward him.
3. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
4. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
(b) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(c) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
(d) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
5. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
6. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He has been bewitched.
(b) He refuses to identify his witness.
(c) He doesn't have any evidence.
(d) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
7. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
(a) If they dance and the kettle is still they are innocent.
(b) If they dance and the kettle moves they are guilty.
(c) If they float in a lake, they are innocent.
(d) If the girls scream, they are jailed.
8. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
(a) Elizabeth created the doll as a Voodoo tool.
(b) Mary stuck the doll with a needle in order to hurt Abigail.
(c) A woman of Elizabeth's age shouldn't be playing with dolls.
(d) It has a needle in it and Abigail was found with a needle in her stomach.
9. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
(a) Mr. Putnam.
(b) Reverand Parris.
10. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(c) Sarah Good.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
11. In the end of Act 3, someone calls John Proctor "the devil's man" and betrays him. Who is it?
(a) Mary Warren.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
12. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
13. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Marshall Herrick.
14. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(b) That satan too, was once an angel.
(c) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
15. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Giles Corey's final words?
2. How old is Mary Warren?
3. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
4. How was Giles Corey tortured?
5. What animal does Tituba hear outside of the room she is staying in?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)