|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A candied apple.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A doll.
(d) A gavel.
2. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
3. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
(a) Ask for forgiveness.
(b) Pay his bail.
(c) Give up his land.
(d) Sign his name on the confession.
4. In Act 3, Francis complains that he has been ignored for how many days?
5. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
6. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
7. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(a) Sarah Good.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Goody Osbourne.
8. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
9. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
(a) It has a needle in it and Abigail was found with a needle in her stomach.
(b) Mary stuck the doll with a needle in order to hurt Abigail.
(c) Elizabeth created the doll as a Voodoo tool.
(d) A woman of Elizabeth's age shouldn't be playing with dolls.
10. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
(a) She doesn't know about the affair.
(b) She is protecting her husband's reputation.
(c) She doesn't care about the affair.
(d) She believes that Abigail put a spell on her husband.
11. In the end of Act 3, someone calls John Proctor "the devil's man" and betrays him. Who is it?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(b) Mary Warren.
12. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
13. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(b) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(c) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
(d) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
14. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
15. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That satan too, was once an angel.
(b) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(c) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Giles Corey's final words?
2. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
3. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
4. How old is Mary Warren?
5. Giles tries to defend his wife. What does he accuse Mr. Putnam of?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)