|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Giles Corey tortured?
(a) With water.
(b) Stoned to death.
(c) In a press.
(d) With fire.
2. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
3. What is incriminating about the doll found in John Proctor's house toward the end of Act 2?
(a) It has a needle in it and Abigail was found with a needle in her stomach.
(b) Elizabeth created the doll as a Voodoo tool.
(c) A woman of Elizabeth's age shouldn't be playing with dolls.
(d) Mary stuck the doll with a needle in order to hurt Abigail.
4. What were Giles Corey's final words?
(a) "More weight."
(b) "More life."
(c) "She lies."
(d) "Forgive me."
5. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
(a) John Proctor insists that she appear in court.
(b) John Proctor insists that she take the doll back.
(c) John Proctor insists that she not go to court ever again.
(d) John Proctor insists that she cook for everyone in the house.
6. In court, Abigail claims that Mary is bewitching her by doing what to her?
(a) Making her shiver by pulling on her shawl.
(b) Making her shawl move.
(c) Making her cold with her icy stare.
(d) Making her shiver, by sending a chill wind.
7. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
8. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
9. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is filthy.
(d) He is depressed.
10. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(b) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
(c) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(d) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
11. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
(a) They mock her, copying everything she says.
(b) They accuse her of conjuring the devil.
(c) They threaten to kill her.
(d) They faint.
12. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
13. Who tries to calm Giles when he is removed from the vestry?
(a) John Proctor.
(d) Mr. Putnam.
14. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
(a) Mary Warren.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
15. Who is the first person in Act 3 to claim to have proof that the girls are lying?
(c) Mr. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the clerk of the court?
2. Which character is pregnant?
3. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
4. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
5. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)