|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mary Warren?
2. How many character witnesses are on John Proctor's list?
3. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That satan too, was once an angel.
(b) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(c) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
(d) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
4. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
5. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
(a) She fired Abigail for being lazy.
(b) She fired Abigail for trying to kill her.
(c) She fired Abigail for witchcraft.
(d) She fired Abigail out of jealousy.
6. What do Abigail and the girls do to scare Mary into denouncing John Proctor?
(a) They accuse her of conjuring the devil.
(b) They threaten to kill her.
(c) They mock her, copying everything she says.
(d) They faint.
7. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
(b) He was alone with Abigail.
(c) He gave Abigail a gift.
(d) He was late for dinner.
8. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
9. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of the Putnam children.
(b) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
(d) The murder of Giles Corey.
10. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
11. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
(a) Mary Warren.
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
12. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
(a) Wandering livestock.
(b) Seed prices.
(c) Whether it will rain or not.
(d) Who owns the land.
13. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Nine months.
14. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
15. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
2. Which character is pregnant?
3. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
4. Who claims the list of witnesses is an attack on the court?
5. Why doesn't Elizabeth admit that she fired Abigail for having an affair with her husband?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)