|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who physically attacks Abigail in court?
(a) John Proctor.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Mary Warren.
(d) Mercy Lewis.
2. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
3. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
4. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
(a) If they dance and the kettle is still they are innocent.
(b) If they float in a lake, they are innocent.
(c) If they dance and the kettle moves they are guilty.
(d) If the girls scream, they are jailed.
5. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
(b) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
(c) He won't confess out of spite.
(d) He won't confess because he is innocent.
6. If the accused character is found to be pregnant, how long will she be spared?
(a) One year.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
7. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is filthy.
(d) He is drunk.
8. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
9. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
(a) That his wife reads books.
(b) That his wife goes missing after dinner.
(c) That his wife has been hiding dolls.
(d) That his wife has been dancing.
10. The Proctors have a surprise visitor in Act 2. Who is it?
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
11. Who attacks Mary during the Which trial in Act 2?
(a) Goody Osbourne.
(b) Sarah Good.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
12. Why does Giles lose his case accusing Mr. Putnam of making a land grab?
(a) He doesn't have any evidence.
(b) He refuses to identify his witness.
(c) He has been bewitched.
(d) His witnesses are too scared to testify.
13. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(b) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
(c) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
(d) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
14. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
15. Why is Hathorne suspicious of Hale?
(a) He thinks Hale is under the devil's spell.
(b) He believes Hale is trying to help Tituba escape.
(c) He believes Hale contributed to the uprising in Andover.
(d) He thinks Hale is a crook.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Tituba hear outside of the room she is staying in?
2. What were Giles Corey's final words?
3. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
4. Who says that if John Proctor is executed he will consider himself a murderer?
5. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)