Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
(b) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
(c) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(d) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
(a) That Rebecca Nurse has had conversations with Satan.
(b) That satan too, was once an angel.
(c) That Rebecca Nurse killed those poor children.
(d) The Rebecca Nurse was no angel.
3. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
(a) Dancing in the forest.
(b) Hiding in the cellar.
(c) In town at the witch trials.
(d) Shopping in a nearby city.
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(c) Sarah Good.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
5. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
(c) Two hundred.
(d) One hundred.
6. How old is Mary Warren?
7. What animal does Tituba hear outside of the room she is staying in?
(a) A spider.
(b) A cow.
(c) A pig.
(d) A frog.
8. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
(a) She wanted to hear what was happening in town.
(b) She was worried that she might hurt Mary's feelings.
(c) She needed a break from the girl and her silly stories.
(d) She was afraid of the legal and spiritual consequences.
9. What is Rebecca Nurse charged with?
(a) The murder of Giles Corey.
(b) The murder of the Putnam children.
(c) The murder of Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) The murder of Ruth and Betty.
10. When Elizabeth is asked why she fired Abigail, what does she say?
(a) She fired Abigail for witchcraft.
(b) She fired Abigail for trying to kill her.
(c) She fired Abigail out of jealousy.
(d) She fired Abigail for being lazy.
11. Who denounces the court at the end of Act 3?
12. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
13. According to Parris, how many days per month does John Proctor attend church?
14. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
15. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
(a) Who owns the land.
(b) Whether it will rain or not.
(c) Seed prices.
(d) Wandering livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
2. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
3. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
4. Giles regrets telling Hale that his wife did something. What is it?
5. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)