Short Answer Key
Act 1, Pages 1-20
1. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
He is concerned about his reputation in Salem.
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
3. Parris reminds Abigail in Act 1 that her reputation is at stake as well. What is he referring to?
Rumors are circulating as to why she was dismissed from serving Mr. and Mrs. Proctor.
4. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
5. Who is the Putnams' servant?
6. What is Parris's relationship to Abigail?
Abigail is his neice.
7. Where does this play take place?
8. Who believes Ruth's condition is the work of Satan?
Mr. and Mrs. Putnam.
9. Where are Abigail's...
This section contains 2,658 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)