|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(b) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(c) Abigail is hitting him.
(d) Abigail is throwing things at him.
2. What were Giles Corey's final words?
(a) "More life."
(b) "She lies."
(c) "Forgive me."
(d) "More weight."
3. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Oregon.
(b) Salem, New Hampshire.
(c) Salem, Virginia.
(d) Salem, Massachussetts.
4. Where are Abigail's parents?
(a) They are friends with Parris.
(b) They are traveling.
(c) They died.
(d) They disappeared.
5. What does Giles Corey's wife do with books after she reads them?
(a) Hides them.
(b) Organizes them.
(c) Reads them again.
(d) Stacks them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
2. Who is the naked figure Parris sees disappear into the woods in Act 1?
3. How much was stolen from Parris' strongbox?
4. Which one of the girls caught in the forest admits they made it all up?
5. What does Abigail threaten to do to the girls if they admit to more than dancing?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)