Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Pages 32-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Parris and Abigail argue about her time at the Proctor house, she accuses Parris of something. What is it?
(a) She accuses him of hitting her.
(b) She accuses him of being mean to her.
(c) She accuses him of not wanting to support her.
(d) She accuses him of trying to kill her.
2. Who has heard that Hale has a "reputation for rationality" and tells him so?
(b) John Proctor.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
3. What does Abigail tell Parris that she and the girls where doing in the woods?
(a) Abigail admits they were dancing to cast a spell on Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail says they were picking berries.
(c) Abigail admits they lit a fire to keep warm, but they were not dancing.
(d) Abigail admits they were dancing, but just for fun.
4. Who is the Putnams' servant?
5. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
3. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
4. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
5. Why does Abigail claim she was fired from serving the Proctor household?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)