|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Being a heretic.
(b) Leading a faction against him.
(c) Mistreating Abigail.
(d) Stealing his firewood.
2. What does Betty wake from her trance to do?
(a) Sings a psalm.
(b) Add more names to the list.
(c) Drink a glass of water.
(d) Scream and writhes.
3. Who is the Putnams' servant?
4. Where does this play take place?
(a) Salem, Virginia.
(b) Salem, Massachussetts.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Salem, New Hampshire.
5. What does Abigail claim John Proctor freed her from?
(a) A well she fell into when she was little.
(b) Her moral shackles.
(c) Salem's false piety.
(d) Work as a servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hale is embarrassed by a compliment on his rationality. Which character gives him the compliment?
2. Why doesn't Parris want to consider Witchcraft as an explanation for Betty's illness?
3. What is Martha Corey accused of?
4. Who claims Tituba has knowledge of conjuration?
5. Which adult was involved in putting the girls up to "conjuration"?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)