|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
(a) To take care of Mary.
(b) Not to drink too much.
(c) Never to talk to Abigail again.
(d) To bring her home soon.
2. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(b) She says she wasn't home enough.
(c) She says that she hired Abigail.
(d) She says she was frigid toward him.
3. Who doesn't believe Mary when she says she created the doll?
(a) Marshall Herrick.
(c) Mrs. Putnam.
4. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Being a heretic.
(b) Mistreating Abigail.
(c) Stealing his firewood.
(d) Leading a faction against him.
5. How many miles does John Proctor live from the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
2. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
3. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
4. Mary is upset and crying at the end of Act 2. Why?
5. John Proctor says people will admit to anything when this is the alternative. What is it?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)