|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
(a) He made her a necklace.
(b) He looks up at her bedroom window.
(c) He argues with his wife a lot.
(d) He sends her love letters.
2. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Rubs his feet.
(b) Waits for him.
(c) Dances for him.
(d) Cleans his kitchen.
3. Why won't Danforth pardon the accused?
(a) He says they are guilty and must die.
(b) He says he doesn't have the power.
(c) He says it wouldn't be fair.
(d) He says they must confess first.
4. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(b) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(c) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
(d) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
5. Who is able to calm Betty after she screams?
(a) Rebecca Nurse.
(b) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Mrs. Putnam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
2. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
3. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
4. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)