|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess because he is innocent.
(b) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
(c) He won't confess out of spite.
(d) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
2. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
3. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) A love note from Abigail.
(b) The deed to Parris' house.
(c) The arrest warrant.
(d) The newspaper.
4. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
(a) He feels guilty.
(b) He is stressed out.
(c) He is uncomfortable saying them in front of Hale.
(d) He is old and forgetful.
5. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He was late for dinner.
(b) He was alone with Abigail.
(c) He gave Abigail a gift.
(d) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
2. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
3. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
4. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
5. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)