|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Elizabeth stop Mary from leaving the house?
(a) She was worried that she might hurt Mary's feelings.
(b) She needed a break from the girl and her silly stories.
(c) She was afraid of the legal and spiritual consequences.
(d) She wanted to hear what was happening in town.
2. What is Martha Corey accused of?
(a) Cursing Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Making a Voodoo doll of Abigail.
(c) Cursing a local farmer's pigs.
(d) Killing a Mrs. Putnam's children.
3. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Ground her.
(d) Kill her.
4. Who does Parris reveal that Abigail disappeared with?
(a) Mercy Lewis.
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Mary Warren.
5. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
(a) As "light and fluffy" sermons.
(b) As "guilt and sin" sermons.
(c) As "fire and brimstone" sermons.
(d) As "hellfire and bloody damnation" sermons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
2. Which of the ten commandments does John Proctor forget?
3. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
5. Where did Parris live before he moved to Salem?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)