|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Dances for him.
(b) Cleans his kitchen.
(c) Waits for him.
(d) Rubs his feet.
2. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
3. What does John Proctor do for a living?
(a) He is owns a grocery store.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a coal miner.
(d) He is a doctor.
4. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(b) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
(c) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
(d) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
5. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
2. In Act 4, Elizabeth tells John that a number of people have already confessed. How many?
3. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
4. What is Martha Corey accused of?
5. Who is surprised that the people of Salem haven't overthrown the courts already?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)