|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(b) She says she wasn't home enough.
(c) She says she was frigid toward him.
(d) She says that she hired Abigail.
2. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
3. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He was alone with Abigail.
(b) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
(c) He was late for dinner.
(d) He gave Abigail a gift.
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
(a) Sarah Good.
(b) Goody Osbourne.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
5. What does Mrs. Putnam claim is evidence that Betty has been involved in Witchcraft?
(a) Betty calls out for her dead mother.
(b) Betty starts speaking in a strange language.
(c) Betty covers her ears and begins screaming when a psalm is sung.
(d) Betty has a wart on her thumb.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
4. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
5. What is Martha Corey accused of?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)