|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abigail say she does for John Proctor every night?
(a) Waits for him.
(b) Dances for him.
(c) Rubs his feet.
(d) Cleans his kitchen.
2. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
(b) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(c) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(d) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
3. Why does Elizabeth blame herself for John's infidelity?
(a) She says she wasn't pretty enough.
(b) She says she wasn't home enough.
(c) She says she was frigid toward him.
(d) She says that she hired Abigail.
4. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mrs. Putnam.
(b) Mary Warren.
(c) Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
5. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
(a) Mr. Corey.
(b) Mr. Parris.
(c) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
2. Abigail is sure that John Proctor still has feelings for her. What example does she use to back up her claim?
3. What does Abigail ultimately want from John Proctor?
4. How does John Proctor describe Parris' sermons?
5. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)