|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tituba say she and her "roommate" are doing in the room in Act 4?
(a) Waiting for a visit from Abigail.
(b) Waiting for Hale to bless them.
(c) Waiting for the jailer to set them free.
(d) Waiting for the devil to fly them to Barbados.
2. How much money does Parris get each year to buy firewood?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Ten pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Three pounds.
3. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
(b) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
(c) He won't confess because he is innocent.
(d) He won't confess out of spite.
4. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) The arrest warrant.
(b) The deed to Parris' house.
(c) A love note from Abigail.
(d) The newspaper.
5. Cheever and Herrick arrive at the Proctor's with an arrest warrant. Who is it for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
2. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
3. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
5. How old is Mary Warren?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)