|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
2. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He gave Abigail a gift.
(b) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
(c) He was alone with Abigail.
(d) He was late for dinner.
3. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(b) John Proctor.
(d) Rebecca Nurse.
4. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Ground her.
(c) Whip her.
(d) Fire her.
5. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
(a) Hiding in the cellar.
(b) In town at the witch trials.
(c) Shopping in a nearby city.
(d) Dancing in the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
2. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
3. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
4. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
5. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)