|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parris accuse John Proctor of doing to him?
(a) Stealing his firewood.
(b) Leading a faction against him.
(c) Being a heretic.
(d) Mistreating Abigail.
2. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
(a) Whip her.
(b) Fire her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Ground her.
3. Why did Parris want the deed to his own house?
(a) He didn't think the community would respect him if he didn't own a nice house.
(b) He didn't think that he could live in the house without the deed.
(c) He didn't think the town would obey him if they could easily remove him.
(d) He wanted to be sure that his daughter could inherit it.
4. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is filthy.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is depressed.
5. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
2. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
3. What character in Act 1 could be called a hypocrite?
4. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
5. What is Martha Corey accused of?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)