|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(b) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(c) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
(d) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
2. Which character is pregnant?
(a) Mary Warren.
(b) Mrs. Putnam.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
(d) Elizabeth Proctor.
3. What does John Proctor refuse to do for Danforth?
(a) Ask for forgiveness.
(b) Pay his bail.
(c) Give up his land.
(d) Sign his name on the confession.
4. What are the farmers fighting over when Parris is trying to help them?
(a) Whether it will rain or not.
(b) Seed prices.
(c) Who owns the land.
(d) Wandering livestock.
5. Who asks if Parris has gone through the "proper channels" to investigate witchcraft in Salem?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(d) John Proctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
2. How are the people in the trial "tested" for witchcraft?
3. Why does John Proctor "forget" one of the commandments?
4. In what room are psalms being sung in Act 1?
5. Who suggests that everyone put their faith in God and the doctor?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)