|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Act 2, Elizabeth is upset with her husband. Why?
(a) He told Abigail to come to dinner.
(b) He gave Abigail a gift.
(c) He was alone with Abigail.
(d) He was late for dinner.
2. John Proctor says there is only one thing keeping him from confessing. What is it?
(a) He won't confess out of spite.
(b) He won't confess until Elizabeth confesses.
(c) He won't confess because he is innocent.
(d) He won't confess until Abigail is executed.
3. What does Rebecca Nurse say say is afflicting Ruth and Betty?
(a) A childish fit.
(b) A mild sore throat.
(c) A serious flu.
(d) A spell cast by the devil.
4. When John Proctor insults Parris in Act 1, who asks him to take it back?
5. What were Giles Corey's final words?
(a) "She lies."
(b) "Forgive me."
(c) "More weight."
(d) "More life."
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
2. When John Proctor is doubtful of Rebecca Nurse's guilt, Hale reminds him of something. What is it?
3. In Act 2, John Proctor makes a promise to Elizabeth Proctor. What is it?
4. How was Giles Corey tortured?
5. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)