|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Herrick acting strangely when he visits Tituba and Sarah Good?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is filthy.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is angry.
2. What were Giles Corey's final words?
(a) "More weight."
(b) "More life."
(c) "Forgive me."
(d) "She lies."
3. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
(b) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(c) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(d) Abigail is hitting him.
4. Who is Tituba sharing a room with?
(b) Rebecca Nurse.
(c) Sarah Good.
(d) Goody Osbourne.
5. What is Hale doing at the prison in Act 4?
(a) Trying to convince the girls to admit they lied.
(b) Trying to convince the girls to try to escape with him.
(c) Trying to get the girls to come back to the trials with him.
(d) Trying to get the girls to confess to save them from execution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is pregnant?
2. What is Martha Corey accused of?
3. Mr. Putnam and John Proctor argue over the firewood. Who does it most likely belong to?
4. Who is worried that Rebecca Nurse and John Proctor will be executed?
5. Who orders John Proctor to be executed despite his confession?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)