|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Danforth complains that Hale has no business in Salem after what he did. What did he do?
(a) Demanded more firewood.
(b) Allowed Abigail to trick everyone.
(c) Quit the trials.
(d) Let his daughter conjure the devil.
2. When John Proctor reminds Mr. Putnam that "votes are not granted by the acre." What is he implying?
(a) Just because Mr. Putnam is wealthy he doesn't have more say.
(b) Voting means more in a farming community.
(c) In the upcoming election he won't get to vote more than once.
(d) Mr. Putnam is trying to use politics to gain land.
3. What is John Proctor's excuse for not attending church often?
(a) He says he has too much work to do.
(b) He says he is too busy chopping firewood.
(c) He says he goes to another church closer to his home.
(d) He says Parris' sermons are not worth the long trip.
4. At the end of Act 1, what does Mr. Putnam threaten to do?
(a) He threatens to kill Parris.
(b) He threatens to stop chopping firewood.
(c) He threatens to leave.
(d) He threatens to sue.
5. Why does John Proctor threaten to whip Abigail?
(a) Abigail is hitting Elizabeth Proctor.
(b) Abigail is throwing things at him.
(c) Abigail is hitting him.
(d) Abigail is speaking against his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Giles Corey's final words?
2. Who does Parris reveal that Abigail disappeared with?
3. How was Giles Corey tortured?
4. Which character is pregnant?
5. John Proctor scolds Mary at the beginning of Act 1. What has she done that makes him angry?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)