|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who thinks Ruth and Betty are simply suffering from a childish fit?
(a) John Proctor.
(c) Rebecca Nurse.
2. Mary gives Elizabeth a gift after spending all day at court. What is it?
(a) A gavel.
(b) A doll.
(c) A candied apple.
(d) A stuffed bear.
3. Danforth asks John Proctor if he has seen Rebecca Nurse with someone. Who is it?
(b) Mr. Putnam.
(d) Reverand Parris.
4. John Proctor tears something to pieces in Act 2. What is it?
(a) The arrest warrant.
(b) The deed to Parris' house.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) A love note from Abigail.
5. When Mary returns from court, in Act 2 she complains about something. What is it?
(a) A swollen ankle.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John Proctor gets home from seeding the farm, he learns that Mary has been gone all day. Where was she?
2. Elizabeth asks that no one mention this word to her children. What is it?
3. How many people are initially on trial for witchcraft?
4. What is Martha Corey accused of?
5. What does John Proctor threaten to do to Mary if she doesn't go back to work?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)