|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Luke and Bo bring when they arrive at the party?
2. Where was Rosie sent to live?
3. In the present, where does Katie go with Daniel?
4. What makes Katie leave a classroom where she is lecturing?
5. With whom does Matt spend a lot of time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere at Matt's house when Katie and Daniel arrive.
2. How does Katie think about a meeting with a student and why are her thoughts pulled back to Matt?
3. Why does Katie decide to invite Daniel to the family birthday party?
4. How did Luke and Matt choose such different life paths?
5. What is the source of the fight between Luke and Matt in Chapter 15?
6. Was it ever Matt's dream to further his education?
7. What concerns does Matt share with Luke regarding the Pye children?
8. What happens to leave the Morrison children in even more dire financial circumstances?
9. What money-related argument do Luke and Matt have prior to Christmas one year?
10. How are the Morrisons and the Pyes in contrast at this point in time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lawson is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Katie spends some alone time throughout the novel to contemplate her life. What does she think about? What conclusions does she arrive at? Explain why she is in a contemplative mood at this point in time.
Essay Topic 3
How does Lawson use the literary technique of local color in CROW LAKE? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Crow Lake establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)