|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Luke get an afternoon job?
2. What item is Katie told to prepare for supper?
3. Katie recalls a day in _______________ when she was a girl.
4. In what country is Mary Lawson living?
5. What did Daniel do at the beginning of his relationship with Katie?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
2. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
3. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
4. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
5. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
6. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
7. What does Katie recall Miss Vernon telling her about Jackson Pye's sons and her intentions toward one of them?
8. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
9. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
10. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Luke Morrison. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Katie Morrison. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
How does Lawson use the literary technique of local color in CROW LAKE? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Crow Lake establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)