|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Matt's son?
2. What is Luke's plan for Matt?
3. Where is the Morrison funeral held?
4. In the prologue, Katie states that her Grandmother Morrison had a ______________ fixed to her spinning wheel.
5. Katie recalls a day in _______________ when she was a girl.
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
2. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
3. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
4. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
5. Who was Grandmother Morrison and what did she urge her children to do in their lives?
6. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
7. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
8. How do the Morrison children learn that their parents have been killed?
9. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the passage of time will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the passage of time throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Luke, Matt, Katie and Bo. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 3
Lawson uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help her readers see her world from her perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Crow Lake using only your recall of Lawson's descriptions. How do you visualize the Crow Lake and Ontario now that you have read Lawson's CROW LAKE?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)