Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Miss Vernon said that she and ________________ wanted to marry the last two Pye boys.
2. Which of Mr. Morrison's sisters came to stay with the children after their parents were killed?
3. What is Mary Lawson's nationality?
4. Who is the only person who noticed marks on Laurie Pye's back during the fight with the bully?
5. What does Katie wonder about what she saw on the body of the person in #82?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
2. What does Marie reveal about the tragedies in her family, beginning with Laurie's death?
3. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
4. What are the two burgeoning conflicts between Matt and Luke?
5. What does Katie ultimately realize about what was important to Matt?
6. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
7. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
8. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
9. What does the author reveal about why Katie feels guilty about her career?
10. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
Survival seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of survival? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Lawson uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help her readers see her world from her perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Crow Lake using only your recall of Lawson's descriptions. How do you visualize the Crow Lake and Ontario now that you have read Lawson's CROW LAKE?
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)