|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luke would be the first of the Morrison family members to __________________.
2. Katie's elder brothers are Luke and _______________.
3. Katie recalls Daniel asking her many times about ________________.
4. In the prologue, Katie states that her Grandmother Morrison had a ______________ fixed to her spinning wheel.
5. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
2. Describe the atmosphere at Matt's house when Katie and Daniel arrive.
3. What is Daniel's state of mind as he gets closer to Katie's family dinner?
4. How did Luke and Matt choose such different life paths?
5. How is Aunt Annie's presence accepted in the Morrison household?
6. What rumor once circulated about Luke and who does Katie think is responsible for it?
7. What is the primary source of conflict between Luke and Matt while growing up?
8. What does Katie recall about seeing Laurie Pye outside their home one night?
9. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
Essay Topic 1
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 3
Lawson uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help her readers see her world from her perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Crow Lake using only your recall of Lawson's descriptions. How do you visualize the Crow Lake and Ontario now that you have read Lawson's CROW LAKE?
This section contains 1,524 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)