|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What topic do Luke and Matt argue about most often?
(c) The car.
2. In a flashback, Matt is concerned about ___________________.
(a) his mid-term exams.
(b) the family's finances.
(c) his girlfriend.
(d) Bo's strep throat.
3. What do Luke and Bo bring when they arrive at the party?
4. Marie Pye showed up one day to tell Matt that _____________________.
(a) she was pregnant.
(b) she was changing colleges.
(c) she was moving to Montreal.
(d) she didn't love him anymore.
5. Katie thinks about the gap between herself and _______________.
(d) Aunt Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Katie unable to go home often when she is at college?
2. Which of the following does Marie NOT say Matt is happy with?
3. Who has invited the Morrison children for a holiday meal?
4. In Chapter 19 Katie recalls her last spring ______________________.
5. What will Simon study in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the atmosphere at Matt's house when Katie and Daniel arrive.
2. What does Marie force Katie to come to terms with regarding Matt?
3. What are Luke and Bo doing in their lives now?
4. Describe how things have calmed down in the Morrison household.
5. What is the source of the fight between Luke and Matt in Chapter 15?
6. How is Matt injured in a fight with Luke?
7. What is Daniel's state of mind as he gets closer to Katie's family dinner?
8. Why does no one in the town pay much attention when they hear that Laurie Pye has run away?
9. Why does Katie decide to invite Daniel to the family birthday party?
10. What does Marie reveal about the tragedies in her family, beginning with Laurie's death?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)