|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who counseled Luke and Matt about their violent behavior at home?
(a) Miss Carrington.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Rev. Wilson.
(d) Dr. Christopherson.
2. With whom does Matt spend a lot of time?
(a) Misty Kerrigan.
(b) Sally Logan.
(c) Laurie Pye.
(d) Marie Pye.
3. What makes Katie leave a classroom where she is lecturing?
(a) She got ill.
(b) A thought of Matt.
(c) A fire drill.
(d) She had a phone call.
4. Where does Katie decide to invite Daniel?
(a) To a museum opening.
(b) To dinner at her apartment.
(c) To an office party.
(d) To Simon's birthday party.
5. How old is Katie in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Katie feel when she awakens to the sound of farm work?
2. What is the only income the Morrison children have?
3. What illness has Bo recently had?
4. What profession has Katie chosen while in college?
5. Where does Bo live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor once circulated about Luke and who does Katie think is responsible for it?
2. What does the author reveal about why Katie feels guilty about her career?
3. Why was Katie unable to go home very often during her first few years at university?
4. How do Marie and Daniel get Katie to see Matt's life in a different light?
5. Describe how things have calmed down in the Morrison household.
6. To what does Katie attribute her choice of studies in college?
7. Why does Katie decide to invite Daniel to the family birthday party?
8. What are Luke and Bo doing in their lives now?
9. What gift does Katie decide to buy for Simon's birthday?
10. What does Marie reveal about the tragedies in her family, beginning with Laurie's death?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)