|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Katie believe started the rumor about Luke?
2. What does Matt tell Luke about Calvin?
(a) He beats his son.
(b) He had a car accident.
(c) He lost his farm.
(d) He has cancer.
3. What is Matt's plan after he graduates college?
(a) Send Luke and Katie to school.
(b) Move to New York.
(c) Get married.
(d) Become a teacher.
4. Matt is convinced that the __________________ are even worse off than the Morrison children.
(a) Galloway children.
(b) Dyer children.
(c) Carrington children.
(d) Pye children.
5. Where was Laurie's body found?
(a) A deserted farmhouse.
(b) An abandoned warehouse.
(c) A railroad track.
(d) A pond.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is Katie searching for a gift in Chapter 16?
2. Where do Katie and Daniel arrive in Chapter 23?
3. Luke breaks down emotionally because of ____________________.
4. What is the demeanor of the person in #145 on the trip?
5. How does Katie deal with being away from her siblings while at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does no one in the town pay much attention when they hear that Laurie Pye has run away?
2. How does Katie think about a meeting with a student and why are her thoughts pulled back to Matt?
3. Describe the atmosphere at Matt's house when Katie and Daniel arrive.
4. What is the primary source of conflict between Luke and Matt while growing up?
5. What does a strong thought of Matt drive Katie to do while in the classroom one day?
6. Describe how things have calmed down in the Morrison household.
7. Was it ever Matt's dream to further his education?
8. What is the source of the fight between Luke and Matt in Chapter 15?
9. To what does Katie attribute her choice of studies in college?
10. What are Luke and Bo doing in their lives now?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)