|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will the Morrisons' estate be spent?
(a) Expanding the farm.
(b) Buying a family car.
(c) Buying a house in town.
(d) Sending Luke to college.
2. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
3. Katie recalls a day in _______________ when she was a girl.
4. In Crow Lake the Pye men are known for being _________________.
5. Where is the Morrison funeral held?
(a) Family farm.
(d) Church yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Luke want to work in the late afternoons?
2. Who is the neighbor girl that Matt likes?
3. Who arrives at the Morrison house as Miss Carrington is leaving?
4. Who is the only person who noticed marks on Laurie Pye's back during the fight with the bully?
5. What prompts Katie to think about her past in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
2. Why is Katie so worried that Daniel has found the invitation to Simon's birthday party?
3. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
4. What are Matt's thoughts regarding the neighbors bringing food and other items to the Morrison kids?
5. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
6. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
7. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
8. What are the two burgeoning conflicts between Matt and Luke?
9. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
10. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)