|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Daniel do at the beginning of his relationship with Katie?
(a) Let her move in with him.
(b) Gave her a key to his apartment.
(c) Introduced her to his family.
(d) Brought her flowers every day.
2. Whose photo does Daniel find?
3. What item did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison decide that Luke would need?
(a) Train ticket.
(b) New suit.
4. Where did Katie grow up?
(d) Crow Lake.
5. Katie recalls that the people in the community bring ____________ to the children after their parents die.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the youngest of the Morrison children?
2. Many of the Morrison family members still lived in _______________.
3. Who does Matt see watching the Morrison house one evening?
4. Katie wonders if Daniel has found ____________________.
5. What is Luke's perception of the neighbors' generosity?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
2. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
3. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
4. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
5. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
6. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
7. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
8. How is Aunt Annie's presence accepted in the Morrison household?
9. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
10. Why did Luke fear for his job at the McLean farm at one point?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)