|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Mary Lawson living?
2. What does the person in #63 tell Katie about Jackson Pye?
(a) He wanted to be a minister at one time.
(b) He had six daughters.
(c) His sons left one at a time.
(d) He trained to be a police officer.
3. What announcement did Luke make during the last dinner the family had together?
(a) He proposed to Marnie Giddons.
(b) He won three scholarships.
(c) He was accepted to teacher's college.
(d) He was graduating early.
4. Whose garden does Katie weed during her high school years?
(a) Mrs. Lowell's.
(b) Miss Vernon's.
(c) Miss Piper's.
(d) Mrs. Gustafson's.
5. Miss Vernon said that she and ________________ wanted to marry the last two Pye boys.
(a) her best friend.
(b) the neighbor girl.
(c) her sister.
(d) her cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Katie doing when Daniel arrives?
2. Which of Jackson Pye's sons remained at home?
3. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
4. In what country is the story set?
5. Matt tries to reassure Katie that he will be on a farm that is only ____________ miles from where she will be living.
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
2. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
3. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
4. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
5. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
6. What are Matt's thoughts regarding the neighbors bringing food and other items to the Morrison kids?
7. What does Katie recall about a fight between Laurie Pye and a school bully one day?
8. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
9. Why did the Vernon sisters not marry the Pye brothers and what eventually happened to Henry and Calvin?
10. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)