|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Crow Lake the Pye men are known for being _________________.
2. How old is Katie when her parents die?
3. What request does Miss Carrington have for Aunt Annie?
(a) To volunteer at the First-Aid stand at the festival.
(b) To let Matt remain in school.
(c) To bring cookies to the bake sale.
(d) To read poetry at the parent-teacher meeting.
4. What does Katie recall about the person in #82 beating the school bully?
(a) He quit after one punch.
(b) He was verbally abusive too.
(c) He was emotionally detached.
(d) He had a deep burning rage.
5. Katie recalls a day in _______________ when she was a girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Miss Carrington's talk with Luke?
2. Who is Art Pye's son?
3. What item did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison decide that Luke would need?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the funeral clothes of the children?
5. What does Luke begin to look for after Aunt Annie leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a strong thought of Matt drive Katie to do while in the classroom one day?
2. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
3. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
4. Describe how things have calmed down in the Morrison household.
5. Why did Luke fear for his job at the McLean farm at one point?
6. What rumor once circulated about Luke and who does Katie think is responsible for it?
7. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
8. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
9. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
10. Why does Katie decide to invite Daniel to the family birthday party?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)