|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of Calvin's children?
2. Why does Aunt Annie refuse Miss Carrington's request?
(a) There is not enough money.
(b) She is not a very good baker.
(c) She does not know First-Aid.
(d) She can't speak in public.
3. How will the Morrisons' estate be spent?
(a) Buying a family car.
(b) Buying a house in town.
(c) Expanding the farm.
(d) Sending Luke to college.
4. Why does Matt take Katie and their younger sister to the ponds?
(a) To swim.
(b) To catch fireflies.
(c) To fish.
(d) To watch the wildlife.
5. Where does Luke work on the weekends?
(a) The Pye farm.
(b) A tent company.
(c) A landscaping company.
(d) The local store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the Morrison house as Miss Carrington is leaving?
2. Why did Luke rebuff the sexual advances?
3. Katie recalls Daniel asking her many times about ________________.
4. Which of the following is NOT waiting for the Morrison children when they return home from swimming?
5. What does Matt urge Katie to bring to the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
2. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
3. What ugly secret about the Pye family do the people of Crow Lake choose to ignore?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
5. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
6. Why is Katie's reluctance to talk about her family a source of tension between Daniel and her?
7. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
8. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
9. What are Matt's thoughts regarding the neighbors bringing food and other items to the Morrison kids?
10. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)