Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miss Vernon said that she and ________________ wanted to marry the last two Pye boys.
(a) the neighbor girl.
(b) her cousin.
(c) her best friend.
(d) her sister.
2. Which of Mr. Morrison's sisters came to stay with the children after their parents were killed?
(a) Aunt Sharon.
(b) Aunt Belinda.
(c) Aunt Annie.
(d) Aunt Grace.
3. What is Mary Lawson's nationality?
4. Who is the only person who noticed marks on Laurie Pye's back during the fight with the bully?
(c) Miss Carrington.
5. What does Katie wonder about what she saw on the body of the person in #82?
(a) It his mother did this to him.
(b) If she should have said something.
(c) If he was really clumsy.
(d) If they were self inflicted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, Katie states that her Grandmother Morrison had a ______________ fixed to her spinning wheel.
2. What did Art and his son never do for nearly twelve years?
3. Katie thinks that _______________ most resembles Grandmother Morrison.
4. What prompts Katie to think about her past in Chapter 2?
5. What is Luke's plan for Matt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
2. What does Marie reveal about the tragedies in her family, beginning with Laurie's death?
3. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
4. What are the two burgeoning conflicts between Matt and Luke?
5. What does Katie ultimately realize about what was important to Matt?
6. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
7. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
8. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
9. What does the author reveal about why Katie feels guilty about her career?
10. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)