|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Aunt Annie and Luke go to a meeting in town?
(a) The school principal's office.
(b) The minister's office.
(c) The mayor's office.
(d) The lawyer's office.
2. Miss Vernon said that she and ________________ wanted to marry the last two Pye boys.
(a) the neighbor girl.
(b) her best friend.
(c) her sister.
(d) her cousin.
3. What is Mary Lawson's nationality?
4. Matt insists that there is nothing wrong with _____________ women.
5. Who is the local school teacher who comes by to talk to Aunt Annie?
(a) Miss Avery.
(b) Miss Carrington.
(c) Miss Gerard.
(d) Mrs. Cunningham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke begin to look for after Aunt Annie leaves?
2. Katie thinks that _______________ most resembles Grandmother Morrison.
3. Which of Mr. Morrison's sisters came to stay with the children after their parents were killed?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Calvin's children?
5. Who is Matt's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Grandmother Morrison and what did she urge her children to do in their lives?
2. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
3. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
4. What does Katie recall about a fight between Laurie Pye and a school bully one day?
5. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
6. What are Matt's thoughts regarding the neighbors bringing food and other items to the Morrison kids?
7. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
8. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
9. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
10. What does Katie recall about seeing Laurie Pye outside their home one night?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)