|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke want to work in the late afternoons?
(a) So he can be home with the girls during the day.
(b) So he can see Addie more often.
(c) So he can get the farm work done.
(d) So he can still go to school?
2. Katie wonders if Daniel has found ____________________.
(a) the birthday party invitation.
(b) his airline ticket.
(c) his car keys.
(d) a new apartment.
3. Why is Matt angry with Luke the next day?
(a) Luke misses work.
(b) Luke kisses a girl.
(c) Luke eats his lunch.
(d) Luke wears his best shirt.
4. Which of Mr. Morrison's sisters came to stay with the children after their parents were killed?
(a) Aunt Sharon.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Aunt Grace.
(d) Aunt Belinda.
5. In what country is the story set?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katie when her parents die?
2. What did Daniel do at the beginning of his relationship with Katie?
3. Katie recalls a day in _______________ when she was a girl.
4. What is the state of the Morrison house at this point in time?
5. What is Luke's perception of the neighbors' generosity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Katie so worried that Daniel has found the invitation to Simon's birthday party?
2. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
3. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
4. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
5. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
6. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
7. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
8. What does Katie recall about seeing Laurie Pye outside their home one night?
9. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
10. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)