|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Katie is always reluctant to talk about her past, Daniel claims that she _______________________.
(a) must lie about other things too.
(b) is not serious about their relationship.
(c) is a fraud.
(d) is too secretive.
2. Grandmother Morrison recognized the importance of __________________.
3. What do the neighbors continue to bring to the Morrison children?
4. Why does Luke want to work in the late afternoons?
(a) So he can see Addie more often.
(b) So he can be home with the girls during the day.
(c) So he can still go to school?
(d) So he can get the farm work done.
5. Luke would be the first of the Morrison family members to __________________.
(a) become a priest.
(b) have a hit record.
(c) go to college.
(d) drive a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Laurie Pye's father?
2. On whose farm do the Morrison boys work?
3. In the prologue, Katie states that her Grandmother Morrison had a ______________ fixed to her spinning wheel.
4. The presence of the person in #30 causes ________________ in the house for Luke and Matt.
5. What does Katie recall seeing on the body of the person in #82 on the day of the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
2. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
3. What are the two burgeoning conflicts between Matt and Luke?
4. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
5. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
6. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
7. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
8. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
9. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
10. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)