|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the neighbors continue to bring to the Morrison children?
2. Why does Aunt Annie refuse Miss Carrington's request?
(a) She can't speak in public.
(b) She is not a very good baker.
(c) There is not enough money.
(d) She does not know First-Aid.
3. What is Luke's perception of the neighbors' generosity?
(a) He is greedy.
(b) He is grateful for it.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He hates it.
4. Who made sexual advances toward Luke?
5. Where had Luke gone without the knowledge of the other family members?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The office of the family attorney.
(c) The college registration office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Katie's elder brothers are Luke and _______________.
2. Matt tells Katie that the neighbors bring items to the Morrison children because Luke ________________.
3. Who is Laurie Pye's father?
4. What did the boy do that made him fear his father's punishment?
5. On whose farm do the Morrison boys work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
2. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
3. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
4. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
5. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
6. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
7. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
8. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
9. What ugly secret about the Pye family do the people of Crow Lake choose to ignore?
10. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)