|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Matt view the charity given to the Morrison children?
(a) He wishes it were more.
(b) He welcomes it.
(c) He solicits it.
(d) He is tired of it.
2. Which of the following is NOT waiting for the Morrison children when they return home from swimming?
(a) The postman.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The preacher.
(d) The sheriff.
3. Grandmother Morrison recognized the importance of __________________.
4. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
5. One of ___________________ sons ran away out of fear of his father's punishment.
(a) Jackson Pye's.
(b) Phil Miller's.
(c) Barry Galloway's.
(d) Mike Trenton's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Katie wonders if Daniel has found ____________________.
2. What prompts Katie to think about her past in Chapter 2?
3. Who is Katie's current boyfriend?
4. Who is Matt's son?
5. In the prologue, Katie states that her Grandmother Morrison had a ______________ fixed to her spinning wheel.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
2. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
3. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
4. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
5. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
6. Why is Katie so worried that Daniel has found the invitation to Simon's birthday party?
7. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
8. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
10. What are Matt's thoughts regarding the neighbors bringing food and other items to the Morrison kids?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)