|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of the Morrison house at this point in time?
(a) It is orderly.
(b) It is relatively tidy.
(c) It is filthy.
(d) It is a mess.
2. What item did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison decide that Luke would need?
(a) New suit.
(b) Train ticket.
3. What does Laurie do when Matt calls out to him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Speeds away in his car.
(c) Yells back at him.
(d) Comes into the house.
4. What is Sally's last name?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the funeral clothes of the children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of Miss Carrington's talk with Luke?
2. Where does Luke work on the weekends?
3. How old is Katie when her parents die?
4. Many of the Morrison family members still lived in _______________.
5. Miss Vernon said that she and ________________ wanted to marry the last two Pye boys.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
2. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
3. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
4. What does Katie recall about seeing Laurie Pye outside their home one night?
5. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
6. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
7. Why is Katie so worried that Daniel has found the invitation to Simon's birthday party?
8. Who was Grandmother Morrison and what did she urge her children to do in their lives?
9. What does Katie recall about a fight between Laurie Pye and a school bully one day?
10. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)