|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old will the boy in #16 be on his birthday?
2. What is Luke's plan for Matt?
(a) He will take care of Katie.
(b) He will take over the family farm.
(c) He will marry Sara.
(d) He will go to college.
3. The Morrison family never ____________________.
(a) squandered money.
(b) showed emotions.
4. What is Luke's perception of the neighbors' generosity?
(a) He is greedy.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He hates it.
(d) He is grateful for it.
5. Where did Katie grow up?
(a) Crow Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Art and his son never do for nearly twelve years?
2. Where is the Morrison funeral held?
3. Who does Matt see watching the Morrison house one evening?
4. Who made sexual advances toward Luke?
5. What is Katie doing when Daniel arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie recall Miss Vernon telling her about Jackson Pye's sons and her intentions toward one of them?
2. How do the Morrison children learn that their parents have been killed?
3. Who was Grandmother Morrison and what did she urge her children to do in their lives?
4. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
5. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
6. What does Katie recall about a fight between Laurie Pye and a school bully one day?
7. What are Matt's thoughts regarding the neighbors bringing food and other items to the Morrison kids?
8. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
9. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
10. How is Aunt Annie's presence accepted in the Morrison household?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)