|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matt continually argues with Luke about __________________.
(a) family decisions.
(b) girls they like.
(c) baseball teams.
(d) career paths for Matt.
2. Which of the following were NOT neighbors of the Morrison family?
(a) Frank Janie.
(b) Jackson Pye.
(c) Barry Galloway.
(d) Stanley Vernon.
3. In what month does Aunt Annie leave the Morrison children?
4. One of ___________________ sons ran away out of fear of his father's punishment.
(a) Phil Miller's.
(b) Jackson Pye's.
(c) Barry Galloway's.
(d) Mike Trenton's.
5. Katie wonders if Daniel has found ____________________.
(a) the birthday party invitation.
(b) his car keys.
(c) a new apartment.
(d) his airline ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Katie when her parents die?
2. Which of the following is NOT waiting for the Morrison children when they return home from swimming?
3. Whose garden does Katie weed during her high school years?
4. Matt insists that there is nothing wrong with _____________ women.
5. Katie's elder brothers are Luke and _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
2. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
3. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
4. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
5. What does Katie recall Miss Vernon telling her about Jackson Pye's sons and her intentions toward one of them?
6. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
7. What does Katie recall about seeing Laurie Pye outside their home one night?
8. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
9. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
10. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)