|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Matt continually argues with Luke about __________________.
(a) baseball teams.
(b) girls they like.
(c) career paths for Matt.
(d) family decisions.
2. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
3. What is Luke's plan for Matt?
(a) He will take over the family farm.
(b) He will go to college.
(c) He will take care of Katie.
(d) He will marry Sara.
4. The Morrison family never ____________________.
(b) showed emotions.
(c) squandered money.
5. What announcement did Luke make during the last dinner the family had together?
(a) He was accepted to teacher's college.
(b) He won three scholarships.
(c) He proposed to Marnie Giddons.
(d) He was graduating early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Katie recalls a fight between the school bully and __________________.
2. Why did Luke rebuff the sexual advances?
3. What item is Katie told to prepare for supper?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of Calvin's children?
5. What is Sally's last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
2. How do the Morrison children learn that their parents have been killed?
3. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
4. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
5. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
6. What is the source of the fight between Luke and Matt in Chapter 15?
7. Why is Katie so worried that Daniel has found the invitation to Simon's birthday party?
8. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
9. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
10. Why does Katie decide to invite Daniel to the family birthday party?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)