|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt urge Katie to bring to the party?
(a) A covered dish.
(b) A swimsuit.
(c) A friend.
(d) A bottle of wine.
2. What request does Miss Carrington have for Aunt Annie?
(a) To let Matt remain in school.
(b) To bring cookies to the bake sale.
(c) To read poetry at the parent-teacher meeting.
(d) To volunteer at the First-Aid stand at the festival.
3. Because Katie is always reluctant to talk about her past, Daniel claims that she _______________________.
(a) is a fraud.
(b) is too secretive.
(c) must lie about other things too.
(d) is not serious about their relationship.
4. What does Katie recall about the person in #82 beating the school bully?
(a) He was verbally abusive too.
(b) He had a deep burning rage.
(c) He quit after one punch.
(d) He was emotionally detached.
5. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
Short Answer Questions
1. Matt tells Katie that the neighbors bring items to the Morrison children because Luke ________________.
2. What is the topic of Miss Carrington's talk with Luke?
3. What does Katie do with Bo while Luke talks to Miss Carrington?
4. What does Laurie do when Matt calls out to him?
5. What did Daniel do at the beginning of his relationship with Katie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
2. Why did the Vernon sisters not marry the Pye brothers and what eventually happened to Henry and Calvin?
3. Why is Katie so worried that Daniel has found the invitation to Simon's birthday party?
4. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
5. In present day, what does Katie wonder about regarding Calvin Pye?
6. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
7. How is Aunt Annie's presence accepted in the Morrison household?
8. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
9. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
10. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)