|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke want to work in the late afternoons?
(a) So he can see Addie more often.
(b) So he can still go to school?
(c) So he can get the farm work done.
(d) So he can be home with the girls during the day.
2. Who does Matt see watching the Morrison house one evening?
(a) James Hall.
(b) Mason Gerard.
(c) Mike Kerrigan.
(d) Laurie Pye.
3. In the prologue, Katie states that her Grandmother Morrison had a ______________ fixed to her spinning wheel.
(c) book rest.
(d) dinner tray.
4. Whose garden does Katie weed during her high school years?
(a) Miss Piper's.
(b) Mrs. Gustafson's.
(c) Miss Vernon's.
(d) Mrs. Lowell's.
5. What does Katie wonder about what she saw on the body of the person in #82?
(a) If they were self inflicted.
(b) If she should have said something.
(c) It his mother did this to him.
(d) If he was really clumsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision has Luke made?
2. Why did Luke rebuff the sexual advances?
3. What do the neighbors continue to bring to the Morrison children?
4. Matt tells Katie that the neighbors bring items to the Morrison children because Luke ________________.
5. In Crow Lake the Pye men are known for being _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
2. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
3. What type of work is Luke able to find in order to support the family?
4. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
5. How do the Morrison children learn that their parents have been killed?
6. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
7. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
8. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
9. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
10. Why is Katie's reluctance to talk about her family a source of tension between Daniel and her?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)