|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Luke rebuff the sexual advances?
(a) He was not ready for a relationship.
(b) He was in love with someone else.
(c) He did not care for the girl.
(d) He feared he would lose his job.
2. What prompts Katie to think about her past in Chapter 2?
(a) She has a nightmare.
(b) It is the anniversary of her parents' deaths.
(c) She receives a birthday party invitation.
(d) It is her mother's birthday.
3. How old will the boy in #16 be on his birthday?
4. What item is Katie told to prepare for supper?
5. Why is Matt angry with Luke the next day?
(a) Luke kisses a girl.
(b) Luke eats his lunch.
(c) Luke misses work.
(d) Luke wears his best shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie do with Bo while Luke talks to Miss Carrington?
2. Who is Laurie Pye's father?
3. How does Matt view the charity given to the Morrison children?
4. How will the Morrisons' estate be spent?
5. Where had Luke gone without the knowledge of the other family members?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
2. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
3. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
4. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
5. What does Katie recall about a fight between Laurie Pye and a school bully one day?
6. Why is Katie's reluctance to talk about her family a source of tension between Daniel and her?
7. How is Aunt Annie's presence accepted in the Morrison household?
8. How do the Morrison children learn that their parents have been killed?
9. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
10. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)