|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mr. Morrison's sisters came to stay with the children after their parents were killed?
(a) Aunt Grace.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Aunt Sharon.
(d) Aunt Belinda.
2. Matt tries to reassure Katie that he will be on a farm that is only ____________ miles from where she will be living.
3. What is the state of the Morrison house at this point in time?
(a) It is orderly.
(b) It is filthy.
(c) It is relatively tidy.
(d) It is a mess.
4. Why does Matt take Katie and their younger sister to the ponds?
(a) To watch the wildlife.
(b) To fish.
(c) To swim.
(d) To catch fireflies.
5. Who is Laurie Pye's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday party invitation has Katie received?
2. How does Matt view the charity given to the Morrison children?
3. What decision has Luke made?
4. Why does Aunt Annie refuse Miss Carrington's request?
5. What announcement did Luke make during the last dinner the family had together?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
2. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
3. What is Mary Lawson's nationality, and how does she write about her native country?
4. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
5. What does Katie recall about the days after her parents' deaths?
6. Why did the Vernon sisters not marry the Pye brothers and what eventually happened to Henry and Calvin?
7. What does Katie remember about writing letters to Aunt Annie?
8. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
9. What has prompted Katie to think about her childhood again after so many years?
10. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)