|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Art Pye's son?
2. Sally is the daughter of ___________________.
(a) Calvin Pye.
(b) Sheriff McClintock.
(c) Luke's boss.
(d) Rev. McAllister.
3. Who arrives at the Morrison house as Miss Carrington is leaving?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) Rev. Wilson.
(c) Calvin Pye.
4. What does Matt urge Katie to bring to the party?
(a) A bottle of wine.
(b) A covered dish.
(c) A swimsuit.
(d) A friend.
5. Who does Matt see watching the Morrison house one evening?
(a) Mason Gerard.
(b) Mike Kerrigan.
(c) James Hall.
(d) Laurie Pye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Jackson Pye's sons remained at home?
2. Who is the only person who noticed marks on Laurie Pye's back during the fight with the bully?
3. What did Art and his son never do for nearly twelve years?
4. What has caused some friction between Katie and her current boyfriend?
5. The presence of the person in #30 causes ________________ in the house for Luke and Matt.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Grandmother Morrison and what did she urge her children to do in their lives?
2. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
3. Who is Marie Pye and why is Katie annoyed with her?
4. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
5. What does Katie recall about seeing Laurie Pye outside their home one night?
6. How did Mr. and Mrs. Morrison deal with their emotions over Luke's happy news?
7. What does Katie recall about a visit Miss Carrington made to the house to talk with Luke one day?
8. What does Katie overhear regarding Matt during a conversation between Aunt Annie and Miss Carrington?
9. Which relative comes to stay with the Morrison children after the deaths of their parents?
10. What decision has Luke made after another visit to see the family attorney?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)