|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Matt see watching the Morrison house one evening?
(a) Mason Gerard.
(b) Mike Kerrigan.
(c) Laurie Pye.
(d) James Hall.
2. Matt tells Katie that the neighbors bring items to the Morrison children because Luke ________________.
(a) is kind to them.
(b) begs for it.
(c) is good looking.
(d) is doing a noble thing.
3. What refreshment does Katie prepare for the school teacher's visit?
4. What does Laurie do when Matt calls out to him?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Comes into the house.
(c) Speeds away in his car.
(d) Yells back at him.
5. Where is the Morrison funeral held?
(c) Family farm.
(d) Church yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Katie's current boyfriend?
2. Why did Miss Vernon's sister not marry Henry Pye?
3. In Crow Lake the Pye men are known for being _________________.
4. In the present, Katie wonders if things might have turned out differently if someone had done something about ____________________.
5. What is the marital status of the person in #30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show the nobility of Luke's character?
2. How is Aunt Annie's presence accepted in the Morrison household?
3. How does the author set up a subtle conflict related to Grandmother Morrison and how it will extend to affect Katie and Matt someday.
4. What news does Luke deliver in the last dinner the Morrison family has together?
5. What arrangements are made for the Morrison children after a meeting with the family lawyer?
6. What does Katie recall about Laurie Pye's fight in school and what does she wish had happened differently?
7. What does Katie recall about a fight between Laurie Pye and a school bully one day?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing regarding Katie's recollection of one of Jackson Pye's sons?
9. Why did Luke fear for his job at the McLean farm at one point?
10. What does Katie tell Daniel when he asks to know more about her family?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)