|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the topic of Miss Carrington's talk with Luke?
(a) Katie's lack of participation in class.
(b) Katie's scholarship potential.
(c) Matt's misbehavior after school.
(d) Katie's exam scores.
2. Whose photo does Daniel find?
3. Why is Matt angry with Luke the next day?
(a) Luke eats his lunch.
(b) Luke kisses a girl.
(c) Luke misses work.
(d) Luke wears his best shirt.
4. Where did Katie grow up?
(c) Crow Lake.
5. Because Katie is always reluctant to talk about her past, Daniel claims that she _______________________.
(a) is a fraud.
(b) is too secretive.
(c) is not serious about their relationship.
(d) must lie about other things too.
6. What does the person in #63 tell Katie about Jackson Pye?
(a) He had six daughters.
(b) His sons left one at a time.
(c) He trained to be a police officer.
(d) He wanted to be a minister at one time.
7. Matt tries to reassure Katie that he will be on a farm that is only ____________ miles from where she will be living.
8. What is Luke's perception of the neighbors' generosity?
(a) He is greedy.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is grateful for it.
(d) He hates it.
9. What is Sally's last name?
10. What prompts Katie to think about her past in Chapter 2?
(a) It is her mother's birthday.
(b) She has a nightmare.
(c) She receives a birthday party invitation.
(d) It is the anniversary of her parents' deaths.
11. What did Daniel do at the beginning of his relationship with Katie?
(a) Gave her a key to his apartment.
(b) Let her move in with him.
(c) Introduced her to his family.
(d) Brought her flowers every day.
12. Where do Aunt Annie and Luke go to a meeting in town?
(a) The mayor's office.
(b) The minister's office.
(c) The lawyer's office.
(d) The school principal's office.
13. Matt tells Katie that the neighbors bring items to the Morrison children because Luke ________________.
(a) is good looking.
(b) begs for it.
(c) is doing a noble thing.
(d) is kind to them.
14. Matt insists that there is nothing wrong with _____________ women.
15. What does Laurie do when Matt calls out to him?
(a) Comes into the house.
(b) Yells back at him.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Speeds away in his car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Luke rebuff the sexual advances?
2. Katie recalls a fight between the school bully and __________________.
3. Who does Matt see watching the Morrison house one evening?
4. In Crow Lake the Pye men are known for being _________________.
5. What item is Katie told to prepare for supper?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)