|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Luke want to work in the late afternoons?
(a) So he can be home with the girls during the day.
(b) So he can still go to school?
(c) So he can see Addie more often.
(d) So he can get the farm work done.
2. Where did Katie grow up?
(a) Crow Lake.
3. Who is Art Pye's son?
4. Where had Luke gone without the knowledge of the other family members?
(a) The office of the family attorney.
(b) The college registration office.
(c) The movie theater.
5. What does Matt urge Katie to bring to the party?
(a) A friend.
(b) A bottle of wine.
(c) A covered dish.
(d) A swimsuit.
6. What is Mary Lawson's nationality?
7. Which of the following were NOT neighbors of the Morrison family?
(a) Frank Janie.
(b) Barry Galloway.
(c) Stanley Vernon.
(d) Jackson Pye.
8. On whose farm do the Morrison boys work?
(a) The Pyes' farm.
(b) The Millers' farm.
(c) The Shroyers' farm.
(d) The Kerrigans' farm.
9. What is Katie doing when Daniel arrives?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Grading lab reports.
(c) Fixing dinner.
(d) Giving a speech.
10. In what country is Mary Lawson living?
11. As a child, Katie often wrote letters to __________________.
(a) Laurie Pye.
(b) Aunt Annie.
(c) Miss Carrington.
(d) Grandmother Morrison.
12. Which of Jackson Pye's sons remained at home?
(a) Henry and Art.
(b) Henry and David.
(c) Wade and Harley.
(d) Michael and Art.
13. What does Katie recall seeing on the body of the person in #82 on the day of the fight?
(b) Burn marks.
(c) Massive bruises.
(d) Odd-shaped marks.
14. What do the neighbors continue to bring to the Morrison children?
15. The presence of the person in #30 causes ________________ in the house for Luke and Matt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Luke get an afternoon job?
2. Katie's elder brothers are Luke and _______________.
3. What does Katie wonder about what she saw on the body of the person in #82?
4. One of ___________________ sons ran away out of fear of his father's punishment.
5. In Crow Lake the Pye men are known for being _________________.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)