|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Art Pye's son?
2. What announcement did Luke make during the last dinner the family had together?
(a) He proposed to Marnie Giddons.
(b) He won three scholarships.
(c) He was graduating early.
(d) He was accepted to teacher's college.
3. Why does Aunt Annie refuse Miss Carrington's request?
(a) She does not know First-Aid.
(b) She is not a very good baker.
(c) There is not enough money.
(d) She can't speak in public.
4. Matt tells Katie that the neighbors bring items to the Morrison children because Luke ________________.
(a) begs for it.
(b) is kind to them.
(c) is doing a noble thing.
(d) is good looking.
5. What did Daniel do at the beginning of his relationship with Katie?
(a) Brought her flowers every day.
(b) Gave her a key to his apartment.
(c) Let her move in with him.
(d) Introduced her to his family.
6. What is Luke's plan for Matt?
(a) He will take care of Katie.
(b) He will take over the family farm.
(c) He will go to college.
(d) He will marry Sara.
7. Katie thinks that _______________ most resembles Grandmother Morrison.
8. Who is the only person who noticed marks on Laurie Pye's back during the fight with the bully?
(c) Miss Carrington.
9. Because Katie is always reluctant to talk about her past, Daniel claims that she _______________________.
(a) is a fraud.
(b) is not serious about their relationship.
(c) is too secretive.
(d) must lie about other things too.
10. On whose farm do the Morrison boys work?
(a) The Millers' farm.
(b) The Shroyers' farm.
(c) The Kerrigans' farm.
(d) The Pyes' farm.
11. Sally is the daughter of ___________________.
(a) Luke's boss.
(b) Calvin Pye.
(c) Rev. McAllister.
(d) Sheriff McClintock.
12. One of ___________________ sons ran away out of fear of his father's punishment.
(a) Phil Miller's.
(b) Mike Trenton's.
(c) Barry Galloway's.
(d) Jackson Pye's.
13. Where does Luke work on the weekends?
(a) A landscaping company.
(b) The Pye farm.
(c) A tent company.
(d) The local store.
14. What request does Miss Carrington have for Aunt Annie?
(a) To let Matt remain in school.
(b) To read poetry at the parent-teacher meeting.
(c) To volunteer at the First-Aid stand at the festival.
(d) To bring cookies to the bake sale.
15. Which of the following is NOT waiting for the Morrison children when they return home from swimming?
(a) The preacher.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The postman.
(d) The sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Matt angry with Luke the next day?
2. Katie recalls that the people in the community bring ____________ to the children after their parents die.
3. Who arrives at the Morrison house as Miss Carrington is leaving?
4. Matt continually argues with Luke about __________________.
5. What does the person in #63 tell Katie about Jackson Pye?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)