Part 1: Prologue and Chapters 1-2
• Katie Morrison speaks about her Grandmother Morrison, who had a book rest fixed to her spinning wheel so she could read as she worked.
• Grandmother Morrison recognized the importance of education and urged all of her children to finish school.
• Katie recalls the last dinner her entire family spent together on the night that her brother, Luke, announces that he has been accepted at teacher's college.
• Luke will be the first of the family to attend college and her parents are very happy, even though they are not outwardly emotional people.
• Mr. and Mrs. Morrison decide that Luke will need a suitcase and go into the city the following day.
• The Morrisons had left Luke, their other son, Matt, Katie and the youngest daughter, Bo, together to go swimming.
• The Morrison children return home to find the sheriff, the preacher, and the local...
This section contains 2,019 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)