|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Del Gue, Hatchet Jack, and John Johnston met at Pryor's Fork in 1878, what two items that used to be available in abundance were scarce that year?
2. Which of the following were not Mountain Men friends of John Johnston?
3. Why did the son of the Shoshoni chief Wahni seek out Johnston?
4. Who defeated the Sioux in battle at Wolf Mountain in 1877?
5. After escaping from his Blackfoot Indian captors, how many miles did Johnston have to travel back to his own camp?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Johnston's relationship with Crazy Woman Morgan. What does this relationship indicate about Johnston? How does his relationship with the mentally unbalanced woman help bring an end to Johnston's vendetta against the Crow? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John Johnston's relationship with John Hatcher and his relationship with Del Gue. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the dialogue in Raymond Thorp's book Crow Killer: The Legend of Liver-Eating Johnson. How does it convey the historical era and depict the individuals discussed in the book? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)