|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Johnston give for enlisting in the Army?
2. What Anglican nickname did Modeno give his Indian wife?
3. Who once saved the son of the Shoshoni chief Wahni from a big wildcat?
4. Which Mountain Man was known for his skill with the riata?
5. What did the wife of the warrior who had captured Waving Grass do when her husband brought Waving Grass home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast John Johnston's relationships with at least three of the following Indian tribes: the Blackfeet, the Sioux, the Shoshoni, the Cheyenne, the Utes, and the Crow. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of survival in Crow Killer: The Legend of Liver-Eating Johnson. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Mrs. Morgan, The Swan, and Waving Grass. How does each woman's life illustrate the harshness of frontier life? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)