|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Johnston's only food on the long trail from the Blackfoot camp back to his own camp?
2. Which of Johnston's Mountain Men friends frequently used the expression "Great Jehosophat, Pocahontas, and John Smith"?
3. In the fall of 1861, to whom was Johnston going to take 40 gallons of whiskey?
4. After escaping from his Blackfoot Indian captors, how many miles did Johnston have to travel back to his own camp?
5. Which Ute chief was Modeno's enemy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the lifestyle of the mountain men like John Johnston and Del Gue and the lifestyle of the Native American tribes during Johnston's era. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast John Johnston's relationship with The Swan and his relationship with Waving Grass. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast John Johnston's relationships with at least three of the following Indian tribes: the Blackfeet, the Sioux, the Shoshoni, the Cheyenne, the Utes, and the Crow. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)