|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When his cabin was surrounded by Blackfoot Indians in Chapter 20, what ingredient did Johnston add to a batch of biscuits?
2. After escaping from his Blackfoot Indian captors, how many miles did Johnston have to travel back to his own camp?
(b) Two hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
3. When Del Gue, Hatchet Jack, and John Johnston met at Pryor's Fork in 1878, what two items that used to be available in abundance were scarce that year?
(a) Hawken rifles and Bowie knives.
(b) Buffalo meat and antelope meat.
(c) Gold and whiskey.
(d) Furs and scalps.
4. Which of Johnston's Mountain Men friends frequently used the expression "Great Jehosophat, Pocahontas, and John Smith"?
(a) Del Gue.
(b) Bear Claw Chris Lapp.
(c) Anton Sepulveda.
(d) Wind River Jake.
5. What was Johnston's only food on the long trail from the Blackfoot camp back to his own camp?
(a) Grass and berries.
(b) The few fish he caught en route.
(c) The leg he had taken from his guard.
(d) A few chaws of tobacco and some coffee beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who defeated the Sioux in battle at Wolf Mountain in 1877?
2. In the fall of 1861, to whom was Johnston going to take 40 gallons of whiskey?
3. Which of the following were not Mountain Men friends of John Johnston?
4. What assignment was Johnston given in the Army once his skills were known?
5. Which Sioux chief's spirit was broken after the battle at Wolf Mountain?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)