|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mrs. Morgan as a result of the Indian attack on her family?
(a) She went blind.
(b) She lost her mind.
(c) She went back east to Boston where it was safer.
(d) She killed herself out of grief.
2. In Chapter 7, how many Crow warriors did Big Robert send to trade horses with the Flatheads?
(c) One hundred.
3. How many warriors did Chief Big Robert send to hunt down Johnston?
(b) One thousand.
(c) Eight hundred.
4. What item buried with the bones of Johnston's wife and baby revealed that the Crow were responsible for the deaths of Johnston's family?
(a) A beaded necklace made by the Crow.
(b) A Crow warrior's moccasin.
(c) A Crow chief's tomahawk.
(d) A single Eagle feather.
5. What color was John Johnston's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to John Morgan, the family's father, during the Indian attack on the family?
2. Who saw Johnston at his wife's secret grave and realized why he was on a vendetta against the Crow?
3. What did Joe Robidoux do to his own son to acquire property the young man had inherited?
4. Who attacked Johnston and Old John Hatcher in Chapter 2?
5. What did Old John Hatcher make Johnston do to one of their attackers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Chapter 10 entitled "A Missing Chapter"?
2. Discuss Johnston's trek back to his cabin after escaping his Blackfoot captors.
3. Why did Wahni's son want Johnston's help against the Nez Perce?
4. In Chapter 6, what kind of reputation did Johnston have in town after he became "the Crow Killer"?
5. Who was Captain Jack and what was his relationship to Mariano Modeno?
6. How did Johnston's relationship with the Shoshoni Indians differ from his relationship with the Crow Indians?
7. Why did Johnston ultimately resign from his deputy position in Custer County?
8. What nicknames did John Johnston have?
9. Who was Sam Grant and how did he encounter John Johnston?
10. Why was Fort Kearney offensive to the Sioux?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)