Short Answer Key
Part 1: The Young Trapper, Chapters 1 through 5
1. What did Crow Indians do to John Johnston's wife in 1847?
They scalped and killed her.
2. What did John Johnston do to the Crows as a result of what they had done to his wife?
He killed and scalped them and ate their livers raw.
3. What does the Crow term Dapiek Absaroka mean?
The Killer of Crows.
4. What result did Johnston's fame have on Indians who ambushed him?
They greatly feared him.
5. Which of the following is not a characteristic for which Johnston was known?
6. With which more experienced trapper did Johnston first become friends upon moving west?
Old John Hatcher.
7. Which of Johnston's Mountain Men friends passed down the oral history of his exploits and kept his legend alive?
Del Gue and White Eye Anderson.
8. What was...
This section contains 3,237 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)