|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Old Trapper, Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who once saved the son of the Shoshoni chief Wahni from a big wildcat?
(a) Bigfoot Davis.
(b) Old John Hatcher.
(c) John Johnston.
(d) Del Gue.
2. What role did Crow Indian women have in the tribal council?
(a) They served refreshments during council meetings.
(b) They led the council and presided over it.
(c) They were allowed to attend council and offer their wisdom.
(d) They had no role and were not allowed to attend council.
3. Which of Johnston's Mountain Men friends was with Johnston when he killed the eighteenth of the twenty Crow warriors Big Robert had sent after him?
(a) Arkansas Pete.
(b) Del Gue.
(c) Mariano Moreno.
(d) Bigfoot Davis.
4. In what formation did Big Robert's warriors ride toward the Flathead camp in Chapter 7?
(a) A cavalcade with scouts in front and back.
(b) In a ceremonial circle.
(c) In groups of three.
(d) In pairs.
5. What did Old John Hatcher make Johnston do to one of their attackers?
(a) Rob the Indian.
(b) Turn the Indian over to the sheriff.
(c) Scalp the Indian.
(d) Tie up the Indian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Crow term Dapiek Absaroka mean?
2. What color was John Johnston's hair?
3. What did Johnston use to knock out the Crow sentry in Chapter 7?
4. When The Wolf captured Johnston, what did he tell Johnston he intended to do with him?
5. What other tribes contributed warriors to Johnston's forces when he rode out to do as Wahni's son had asked?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)