|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Old Trapper, Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 26: Sheriff Johnson, what did the Cheyenne chief Hanging Kettle wear on his head?
(a) A tall beaver hat with four eagle feathers.
(b) A blue and white bandana.
(c) A beaded headband.
(d) A large headdress made of hawk feathers and beads.
2. What was Johnston's attitude toward alcohol?
(a) He never drank it.
(b) He drank on occasion.
(c) He was an alcoholic.
(d) He bought and sold it, so it was a product to him.
3. Which of the following statements does not describe the bowl of soup an old woman brought Johnston while he was held captive by the Blackfoot Indians?
(a) It contained wild onions and carrots.
(b) It was hairy.
(c) It was greasy.
(d) It was probably dog or muskrat soup.
4. How many days did it take Johnston to put the first ten miles between himself and the Blackfoot camp due to falling snow and having to cover his trail?
5. What honorary title did the Shoshoni give Johnston?
(a) Peace chief.
(b) Medicine man.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more did Joe Robidoux charge Johnston for the rifle than Johnston would have paid in St. Louis?
2. At what skill did the Crow Indians excel?
3. What was unusual about the forehead of the Flathead beauty The Swan?
4. When Johnston made peace with the Crow and stopped eating their livers, what was the response of Black Elk, a Sioux chief?
5. After 1876-77, which of the following groups was not coming into the Rocky Mountain wilderness in increased numbers?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)