|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: A Man Among Men, Chapters 11 through 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Crow term Dapiek Absaroka mean?
(a) The Killer of Crows.
(c) Honored friend.
(d) Beloved son.
2. In what year did Johnston first come to St. Joseph?
3. In 1848, what story spread through the west about the scalped and mutilated bodies of Crow warriors, and only Crow warriors, that were being found in the area?
(a) That Crazy Woman Morgan was killing and mutilating them.
(b) That the Shoshoni were killing and mutilating them.
(c) That a wild bear was killing and mutilating them.
(d) That John Johnston was killing the Crow and eating their livers.
4. What was the Flathead greeting for a visiting relative?
(a) Putting your right hand on the left side of the visitor's chest.
(b) Bowing on one knee and touching the ground with a spear.
(c) Hugging the visitor.
(d) Rubbing their cheek with your cheek.
5. Who helped Mrs. Morgan bury her three children and her husband's scalp?
(a) The Morgan children.
(b) Del Gue.
(c) Arkansas Pete.
(d) John Johnston.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Johnston attacked and killed the Crow sentry in Chapter 7, what did he find in the Indian's possession?
2. What language did the Blackfoot chief The Wolf speak in addition to the Blackfoot tongue?
3. Why was Fort Kearney of particular abhorrence to the Sioux?
4. At what skill did the Crow Indians excel?
5. What did Johnston have to do to his own horse at the beginning of Chapter 8 because he had pushed it so hard?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)