|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: A Man Among Men, Chapters 11 through 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many warriors did Chief Big Robert send to hunt down Johnston?
(b) Eight hundred.
(d) One thousand.
2. Who gave Crazy Woman Morgan a respectful burial out of respect for her friendship with Johnston?
(a) The U.S. Army.
(b) The Flatheads.
(c) The Crow Indians.
(d) The Nez Perce Indians.
3. From what did Crazy Woman Morgan die?
(d) A Cheyenne arrow.
4. What was the name of the steamer that brought Johnston from St. Louis to St. Joseph when he first came west to become a trapper?
(a) The Carolina Belle.
(b) The Thames.
(c) The Missouri Belle.
(d) The Adelaide Maria.
5. Which of Johnston's Mountain Men friends passed down the oral history of his exploits and kept his legend alive?
(a) Bear Claw Chris Lapp.
(b) Anton Sepulveda.
(c) Del Gue and White Eye Anderson.
(d) Arkansas Pete.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mrs. Morgan as a result of the Indian attack on her family?
2. What was the Flathead greeting for a visiting relative?
3. Who was Portuguese Phillips?
4. With what type of rifle did the Army replace Johnston's Hawken?
5. What did John Johnston do to the Crows as a result of what they had done to his wife?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)