|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Old Trapper, Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After 1876-77, which of the following groups was not coming into the Rocky Mountain wilderness in increased numbers?
(d) Gold hunters.
2. What did Joe Robidoux do to his own son to acquire property the young man had inherited?
(a) He locked his son in a cellar.
(b) He tricked his son out of the land in a crooked poker game.
(c) He forged his son's name on a bill of sale for the property.
(d) He had his son declared mentally incompetent.
3. What did Del Gue tell Johnston about the size of his load of 40 gallons of whiskey?
(a) The Indians couldn't drink that much alcohol.
(b) Johnston would need a caravan of horses to carry that much.
(c) Johnston's horse could carry twice that much whiskey.
(d) No horse could carry a load that heavy.
4. Which Mountain Man was known for his skill with the riata?
(a) Mad Mose.
(b) Hatchet Jack.
(c) Pancho Robles.
(d) Del Gue.
5. In Chapter 25: Burial for Bear Claw, when Del Gue heard a rifle shot in the distance, how did Johnston deduce that the shot wasn't fired by Bear Claw Chris Lapp?
(a) He knew Lapp was already dead.
(b) He knew Lapp was blind and didn't shoot any more.
(c) He knew the shot came from the opposite direction as Lapp.
(d) He knew Lapp had enough meat and thus wouldn't be shooting.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days did it take Johnston to put the first ten miles between himself and the Blackfoot camp due to falling snow and having to cover his trail?
2. How much more did Joe Robidoux charge Johnston for the rifle than Johnston would have paid in St. Louis?
3. Which Sioux chief's spirit was broken after the battle at Wolf Mountain?
4. Who once saved the son of the Shoshoni chief Wahni from a big wildcat?
5. When the Sioux attacked Fort Kearney in 1866, to where did Colonel Carrington, the commanding officer, need a volunteer to ride for reinforcements and assistance?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)