|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Old Trapper, Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what wood were the handles of Johnston's Colt Walker revolver and his Bowie knife made?
2. When Johnston made peace with the Crow and stopped eating their livers, what was the response of Black Elk, a Sioux chief?
(a) He decided to intensify his raids against the Crow.
(b) He said Crow livers had made Johnston a coward.
(c) He rejoiced and gave a feast for Johnston.
(d) He offered to help the Crows kill Johnston.
3. When were the warriors Big Robert sent after Johnston supposed to return home?
(a) By the end of the next winter season.
(b) Once Johnston was dead.
(c) Once they captured Johnston.
(d) Once they found Johnston.
4. In what formation did Big Robert's warriors ride toward the Flathead camp in Chapter 7?
(a) In pairs.
(b) In groups of three.
(c) A cavalcade with scouts in front and back.
(d) In a ceremonial circle.
5. Who did Old John Hatcher tell Johnston would pay big money for Indian scalps?
(a) The Mexican Army.
(b) The U.S. Army.
(c) The English.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Johnston do with the liver of Arkansas Pete's killer?
2. How did Johnston respond when a river tramp tried to rob him upon his disembarking from the steamer that brought him west?
3. In what year did Johnston first come to St. Joseph?
4. What did Johnston do to the Crow horses in Chapter 7?
5. Which Sioux chief's spirit was broken after the battle at Wolf Mountain?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)