|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: The Old Trapper, Chapters 25 through 28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Crazy Woman Morgan food and provisions over the years?
(a) The local women.
(b) The Army.
(c) Arkansas Pete.
(d) John Johnston and his Mountain Men friends.
2. What wild animals did Johnston encounter during his journey from the Blackfoot camp back to his own camp?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) A rattlesnake, buzzards, and a coyote.
(c) A mountain lion and a grizzly bear.
(d) Antelope and a wolf.
3. What treaty laid out specific boundaries for Crow territory?
(a) The Montana and Nevada Treaty.
(b) The Western Expansion Treaty.
(c) The Crow Treaty of 1858.
(d) The Fort Laramie Treaty of 1851.
4. What was Johnston's only food on the long trail from the Blackfoot camp back to his own camp?
(a) Grass and berries.
(b) A few chaws of tobacco and some coffee beans.
(c) The leg he had taken from his guard.
(d) The few fish he caught en route.
5. What nickname did Johnston and his Mountain Men friends give to the newcomers to the western frontier in Chapter 25: Burial for Bear Claw?
(b) Eastern Injuns.
(c) Pilgrim tenderfoots.
(d) Eastern Eagles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who volunteered for the dangerous job of riding for assistance for the besieged Fort Kearney?
2. In Chapter 8, when Johnston showed Bear's Head the object he took from the Crow sentry, what did Bear's Head command his warriors to do?
3. When he visited the cairn of his wife and baby in Chapter 9, what did Johnston do with his loved one's skulls?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the bowl of soup an old woman brought Johnston while he was held captive by the Blackfoot Indians?
5. What community appointed Johnston their deputy sheriff?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)