|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: A Man Among Men, Chapters 11 through 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1848, what story spread through the west about the scalped and mutilated bodies of Crow warriors, and only Crow warriors, that were being found in the area?
(a) That John Johnston was killing the Crow and eating their livers.
(b) That a wild bear was killing and mutilating them.
(c) That Crazy Woman Morgan was killing and mutilating them.
(d) That the Shoshoni were killing and mutilating them.
2. With what type of rifle did the Army replace Johnston's Hawken?
(a) A Remington.
(b) A Springfield.
(c) A Spencer.
(d) A Winchester.
3. At what skill did the Crow Indians excel?
(a) Horse riding.
(b) Making pemmican.
4. Which of the following was not a gift Bear's Head bestowed on Johnston in Chapter 8?
(a) A new wife.
(b) A horse.
(c) A beaded Crow saddle.
(d) A white buffalo blanket.
5. What did Joe Robidoux do to his own son to acquire property the young man had inherited?
(a) He locked his son in a cellar.
(b) He forged his son's name on a bill of sale for the property.
(c) He tricked his son out of the land in a crooked poker game.
(d) He had his son declared mentally incompetent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Johnston identify the Crow Indians as The Swan's killers?
2. Of what wood were the handles of Johnston's Colt Walker revolver and his Bowie knife made?
3. How did the other Mountain Men respond to the news that the Blackfoot Indians had held Johnston captive?
4. How did Johnston respond when a river tramp tried to rob him upon his disembarking from the steamer that brought him west?
5. What did Old John Hatcher do with his Bowie knife after killing one of his attackers in Chapter 2?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)