|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: A Man Among Men, Chapters 11 through 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, when Johnston showed Bear's Head the object he took from the Crow sentry, what did Bear's Head command his warriors to do?
(a) Take Johnston prisoner.
(b) Make Johnston an honorary chief.
(c) Avenge The Swan by fighting the Crow coming to trade.
(d) Send presents to the Crow.
2. Which of the following were not Mountain Men friends of John Johnston?
(a) Arkansas Pete and Hatchet Jack.
(b) Del Gue and Old John Hatcher.
(c) Buffalo Bill Cody and Wild Bill Hickock.
(d) Anton Sepulveda and Pablo Robles.
3. What happened to Johnston's reputation with the local townspeople once the reason for his vendetta against the Crow became public knowledge?
(a) It softened and he gained public sympathy.
(b) It worsened a lot and people wanted him arrested for murder.
(c) It stayed about the same.
(d) It worsened a bit.
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the bowl of soup an old woman brought Johnston while he was held captive by the Blackfoot Indians?
(a) It was probably dog or muskrat soup.
(b) It was hairy.
(c) It contained wild onions and carrots.
(d) It was greasy.
5. What role did Crow Indian women have in the tribal council?
(a) They had no role and were not allowed to attend council.
(b) They served refreshments during council meetings.
(c) They were allowed to attend council and offer their wisdom.
(d) They led the council and presided over it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the steamer that brought Johnston from St. Louis to St. Joseph when he first came west to become a trapper?
2. Who was Wahni or "The Fox"?
3. With which more experienced trapper did Johnston first become friends upon moving west?
4. Which of the following was not a gift Bear's Head bestowed on Johnston in Chapter 8?
5. When The Wolf captured Johnston, what did he tell Johnston he intended to do with him?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)