|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: A Man Among Men, Chapters 11 through 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Johnston first come to St. Joseph?
2. When Johnston attacked and killed the Crow sentry in Chapter 7, what did he find in the Indian's possession?
(a) The Swan's scalp.
(b) Gold worth thousands of dollars.
(c) Del Gue's pocket watch.
(d) Del Gue's scalp.
3. What was the relationship between the Shoshonis and the Flatheads during Johnston's era?
(a) They were allies.
(b) They were enemies.
(c) They were sent to the same reservation by the government.
(d) They were cousins.
4. In what formation did Big Robert's warriors ride toward the Flathead camp in Chapter 7?
(a) A cavalcade with scouts in front and back.
(b) In groups of three.
(c) In pairs.
(d) In a ceremonial circle.
5. What happened to Mrs. Morgan as a result of the Indian attack on her family?
(a) She went blind.
(b) She lost her mind.
(c) She killed herself out of grief.
(d) She went back east to Boston where it was safer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements does not describe the bowl of soup an old woman brought Johnston while he was held captive by the Blackfoot Indians?
2. What assignment was Johnston given in the Army once his skills were known?
3. What was Johnston's attitude toward alcohol?
4. What did Crazy Woman Morgan do every night at sundown?
5. What injury did Johnston give his Blackfoot guard in escaping from the Blackfoot camp?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)