Part 1: The Young Trapper, Chapters 1 through 5
1. What did Crow Indians do to John Johnston's wife in 1847?
(a) They forced her to divorce Johnston.
(b) They made her their medicine woman.
(c) They scalped and killed her.
(d) They kidnapped her.
2. What did John Johnston do to the Crows as a result of what they had done to his wife?
(a) He preached to them, urging them to repent.
(b) He had a party for them.
(c) He kidnapped their chief for vengeance.
(d) He killed and scalped them and ate their livers raw.
3. What does the Crow term Dapiek Absaroka mean?
(a) Honored friend.
(b) The Killer of Crows.
(c) Beloved son.
4. What result did Johnston's fame have on Indians who ambushed him?
(a) They greatly feared him.
(b) They doubted the truth of his reputation and wanted to test it.
(c) They respected him.
(d) They mocked him.
5. Which of the following is not a characteristic for which Johnston was known?
(a) Being uncommunicative.
(b) Being surly.
(c) Being mistrustful.
(d) Being gregarious.
This section contains 5,578 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)