|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took care of Sally when she was first diagnosed?
2. Where do Larry and Sally go in Part 2: Chapter 5?
(a) Lang and Moe's house
(b) Their old apartment in Cambridge
(c) Sid and Charity's house
(d) Their old apartment in Madison
3. How does Larry adapt to time in Vermont?
(a) He has anxiety
(b) He thrives
(c) He wants to leave soon
(d) He never wants to leave
4. What does Charity have trouble cooking for the group?
5. What is Hallie's profession?
(a) Securities Analyst
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since the Morgans have seen the Langs?
2. What creature does Larry rescue?
3. What location is the setting for Larry's new novel?
4. What does Charity do when she sees the Morgans?
5. How does Larry describe the foursome of the Langs and the Morgans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the method that Sally has of categorizing her memories.
2. How does the theme of rescue extend in Part 2: Chapter 2?
3. What is the situation the characters find themselves in when the novel returns to the present day in 1972?
4. Why is this chapter the climax of the book?
5. Why does Larry consider their year in Italy to be one of the best and most youthful for Sally and him?
6. How does the author extend the Adam and Eve metaphor in this chapter?
7. How is Charity able to assert some control over Larry's life while her own husband resists her attempts?
8. How has the necessity for rescue changed between the two couples?
9. How has Sid and Charity's home changed from the time the Langs first saw it in 1938?
10. Although Larry and Sally never had the advantages or financial ease that Sid and Charity did, they seem to have a better marriage. Explain how the author reveals this.
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)