|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Langs and Morgans plan to do at the end of the summer?
(a) Go whitewater rafting
(b) Spend a week at Walden Pond
(c) Go to New York for a theater trip
(d) Take a 100-mile walking trip
2. In what city are the Morgans living in the flashback in Part 2: Chapter 4?
3. What does Charity insist that she is doing?
(a) Trying to sleep
(b) Trying to take her pills
(c) Trying to finish a novel
(d) Trying to die right
4. Where does Sally spend the night?
(a) At the hospital with Charity
(b) At the Langs' home
(c) At a bed and breakfast
(d) At the cabin
5. What does Charity say about the state of her health?
(a) She is going to die soon
(b) She is in remission
(c) She has been cured
(d) She is holding her own
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Morgans live now?
2. How does Larry adapt to time in Vermont?
3. Charity says that there is no decent literature on what subject?
4. Who tries to talk Sid out of going on the picnic?
5. What is Charity's plan?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Larry compare the drowning mouse he comes across while searching for Sid?
2. How do Sally's memories provide a different perspective about Charity for Hallie?
3. Explain the method that Sally has of categorizing her memories.
4. What plans has Charity made for her family for after her death?
5. How does the theme of rescue extend in Part 2: Chapter 2?
6. What is the situation the characters find themselves in when the novel returns to the present day in 1972?
7. How is Charity managing her illness?
8. Why is this chapter the climax of the book?
9. What revelation does Sid share with Larry about his life?
10. Explain the metaphor of Adam and Eve used throughout the novel.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)