|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material has Sid had published?
(a) Movie reviews
(d) Short stories
2. How is the lifestyle of the Langs described?
3. Who does Sally talk to when Larry is working?
(a) Her neighbor
(c) The butcher
(d) Her landlady
4. Why does Larry write so much during his first year of teaching?
(a) He is anti social
(b) He keeps his teaching skills sharp
(c) He likes to write as a hobby
(d) Fear of being laid off for lack of being published
5. Who helps Larry with his editing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the state of Charity's health?
2. What does Larry do in his spare time?
3. How is Charity's mother characterized?
4. In what department does Larry teach at the university?
5. How does Larry occupy his time in the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare Sid and Larry's views on what constitutes good writing.
2. What does Charity learn about Larry and Sally as they talk?
3. Describe Sid's first encounter with Charity's mother.
4. How does Charity attempt to manage Sid's career?
5. What good news does Larry receive at the beginning of Part 1: Chapter 8?
6. Explain the bond that Sally feels almost instantly with Charity.
7. Explain how Larry and Charity are very much alike in their work ethics and life management skills.
8. What happens that gives Larry a bad premonition?
9. Even though he was relishing some time alone, how does Larry actually deal with so much time by himself?
10. What is the outcome of Sally's labor and delivery experience?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)