|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers Larry a job?
(a) Charity's uncle
(b) Sid's father
(c) Charity's brother
(d) Charity's father
2. Who has a birthday party at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(b) Lang and David
3. Why does Sid not want to go on the picnic?
(a) He has to get up early tomorrow
(b) He knows Charity is planning to die when he's gone
(c) He has had the flu
(d) He sunburns too easily
4. What are Larry and Sally doing as the chapter begins?
(a) Having dinner
(c) Sitting on the cabin porch
5. What does Sally ask Larry to do?
(a) Blow up some beach balls
(b) Get some ice for the coolers
(c) Read stories to the children
(d) Stay with Sid
6. Larry says that people are made to _______________________________.
(a) Find their destiny
(b) Improve the world
(c) Survive whatever happens to them
(d) Be happy
7. Where are Sid and Charity when Larry and Sally arrive?
(a) Working in the garden
(b) Sitting on recliners
(c) Playing golf
(d) Washing the cars
8. What is the condition of Sid's barn?
(d) Organized chaos
9. Who tries to talk Sid out of going on the picnic?
(b) The nurse
10. Larry recalls a particular morning in which month?
11. Where is the family having a picnic?
(a) Folsom Hill
(c) A state park
(d) The back yard
12. Why has Charity had some trees cut down?
(a) To create a better view
(b) For soil conservation
(c) For better water flow
(d) To build onto the house
13. What does Charity insist that she is doing?
(a) Trying to sleep
(b) Trying to finish a novel
(c) Trying to take her pills
(d) Trying to die right
14. What do the Langs and Morgans plan to do at the end of the summer?
(a) Take a 100-mile walking trip
(b) Go to New York for a theater trip
(c) Go whitewater rafting
(d) Spend a week at Walden Pond
15. How long has it been since the Morgans have seen the Langs?
(a) 2 days
(b) 2 weeks
(c) 2 years
(d) 2 months
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sid and Charity agree on?
2. What is Charity giving to each of her children?
3. What does Charity say about the state of her health?
4. What has Charity refused to do?
5. What brand of car do Sid and Larry pack for a picnic?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)