|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sally spend the night?
(a) At the hospital with Charity
(b) At the Langs' home
(c) At the cabin
(d) At a bed and breakfast
2. Where do Sid, Larry and Sally find Charity?
(a) In her recliner
(b) On the back porch
(c) In bed
(d) In the pool
3. What do Sid and Charity agree on?
(a) Architectural drawings
(b) Charity should not go on the picnic
(c) New dining room furniture
(d) New investments
4. What location is the setting for Larry's new novel?
(d) New Mexico
5. Why is Hallie feeling ashamed of herself?
(a) For being critical of her mother
(b) For failing in her mother's eyes
(c) For gaining weight
(d) For marrying the wrong man
6. What has Charity selected for Sid?
(a) A party menu
(b) A new suit
(c) New books
(d) Marriage prospects
7. Who has a birthday party at the beginning of Part 2: Chapter 2?
(d) Lang and David
8. Why do the nurses take Charity into the house?
(a) A storm is coming
(b) She is overtired
(c) The sun is too hot
(d) It is getting dark
9. Who tries to talk Sid out of going on the picnic?
(a) The nurse
10. Why has Charity had some trees cut down?
(a) To create a better view
(b) For soil conservation
(c) For better water flow
(d) To build onto the house
11. What does Sid do when he sees the Morgans?
(a) Goes silent
(c) Jumps to his feet
12. Charity says that there is no decent literature on what subject?
(a) How to die
(b) Cultivating raspberries
(c) Cancer treatments
13. What event mars the onset of the plan?
(a) An argument between Charity and Larry
(b) An argument between Charity and Sally
(c) An argument between Charity and Sid
(d) An argument between Sid and Larry
14. How does Larry describe the foursome of the Langs and the Morgans?
(a) Twin siblings of different mothers
(b) Two peas in a pod
(c) A great golf team
(d) Two Adams and two Eves
15. In what city are the Morgans living in the flashback in Part 2: Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Morgans live now?
2. What creature does Larry rescue?
3. Who is Hallie's husband?
4. Where did Sid teach after losing his job in Wisconsin?
5. What city does Sally say she and Larry were young in?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)